North Devon Football League: Park United return to Premier summit ahead of month-long hiatus
- Credit: Archant
Park United hit double figures on Saturday in what became the final round of North Devon Football League fixtures until December.
Park’s 14-0 win over Ilfracombe Town Reserves was one of two games to go the distance as heavy rain wiped out the majority of the fixture list.
Ricky Marinaro scored a hat-trick for Park, who went back to the top of the table by securing all three points.
David Brown, John Downing, Ben Ford and Dan Wilson all netted twice and there were goals for Phill Kelly, Logan White and Jack Berry.
The other game saw Fremington draw 2-2 at Kilkhampton.
You may also want to watch:
The league is now suspended until December 5, in line with the four-week lockdown set to be imposed on England from Thursday.
A statement from the league said: “The safety and wellbeing of our local communities is our priority at this time and we will always fully support any measures to achieve this.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
“Our schedule will restart on Saturday, December 5 unless we are told otherwise.”