North Devon fall to Sidmouth in T20 semi-final
- Credit: Matt Smart
North Devon’s cup jinx struck again as they were beaten in the last four of the Servicemaster Clean Devon T20 finals day hosted at Instow on Sunday.
North Devon have now reached six successive finals days without actually winning the final.
This time it was Sidmouth who ended their cup aspirations in a five-wicket win that was largely routine.
Isherwood hit a top score of 47 for North Devon, who were all out for 136 in the last over. Charlie Miles (3-36) followed up behind Josh Bess (2-28) and was supported by Jordan Fowler (2-28) keeping the pressure on North Devon.
The Bess brothers - Josh (63) and Zak (42) - got Sidmouth to 98 for one and they were on 123 when the second wicket fell to Ben Howe.
You may also want to watch:
Howe (4-24) and Jack Popham took four wickets for seven runs in nine balls - Howe taking three in an over - but Sidmouth were so close they could stumble over the line.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council