Heathcoat defeat leaves North Devon with must-win game against Sandford
- Credit: Andy Keeble
The pressure is on North Devon to get a win against Sandford this Saturday after a 111-run defeat by Heathcoat that has left them 18 points adrift at the foot of the Premier table.
Pete Randerson and Liam Lewis both scored half-centuries as table-topping Heathcoat made 246 for six in their 50 overs.
Randerson and ex-North Devon player Callum French (28) took the score to 119 for two at drinks. Lewis, Jack Dart (30) and Thompson (27) kept the board ticking over.
North Devon openers Dan Bowser and Jaz Kalsi (26) made little headway against opening bowlers Malcolm Cloete and Jamie Drew. When skipper Jackson Thompson turned to spin, wickets fell regularly.
Thompson (4-15), French (2-28) and Jack Menheneott (3-34) did what was required with the minimum of fuss.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Ishwerwood (22) and Ben Howe (28) were the only batters to join Kalsi in the 20s as North Devon were bowled out for 135 with 15 overs un-bowled.
Sandford are the first team North Devon have to get past to reach safety. Lose this Saturday and Tom Popham's side could be 30 points adrift.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council