New record for Two Moors cycle
Two hundred cyclists from all over North Devon and as far afield as Manchester entered a charity double organised by the Bideford Bridge Rotary Club on Sunday.
The Two Moors Sportif challenge saw riders pedal either 100 miles or 100 kilometres from a start at Bideford Rugby Club across the challenging coutryside of Exmoor and Dartmoor and there was also a fun run along the Tarka Trail.
The 100 mile contest attracted 80 entries, with Adam Bright first over the finishing line in a record breaking time of 4hours 56 minutes and 32 seconds - 30 minutes better than the previous best. But he was less than one minute ahead of second-placed Andrew Blackwood, who finished in 4:57:27, with Dave Clements third in 5:19:50.
One hundred and fifteen riders chose the 100km event, which also resulted in a close finish.
First home in this event was Dexter Hurlock in 3:19:22, followed by Ross Flashman in 3:20;57 and Ben Farrer in 3:20:59.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised by the events will go to Rotary Club charities.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon