Molton too strong for the Nomads
BIDEFORD Nomads lost 36-12 at South Molton on their third visit this season to Unicorn Park.
Nomads held their own for an hour, trailing just 19-12, before the hosts rolled on some heavyweight replacements and the game as a contest was over.
Molton had started the livelier side with two converted tries in the first 10 minutes. Nomads responded well and started taking the game back to Molton with a stronger scrummage and more tenacious tackling.
On 20 minutes Nomads forced the home side back at a scrum inside their 22 and the lively Jason Turner charged over for a try converted well from out wide by Lee Faux.
Molton struck back on the half hour before Nomads’ wing James Charles added their second in the opposite corner after more hard work from the pack, leaving the game well poised at 19-12 on half time.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old contingent in the Nomads XV performed well with Alex Hillman at scrum-half and Tom Westaway on the flank leading the second-half defence with strong tackling, lock Jake Johns taking some excellent line out ball and Charlie Russell and Luke Hasted injecting real pace in the backs.
Mitch Barclay pinched the Man of the Match award with endless tackling as the battling visitors wilted in the last quarter as the Molton replacements powered forward to add three more tries.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!