THREE teams are now tied on points at the top of Intermediate One - Fremington, Merton and Northside Atlantic.

But it is Fremington who lead the way on goal difference after their win away to previous leaders Northside Atlantic.

Fremington came through 2-0. They generally held the upper hand after Luke Rigler headed them in front from a corner after 10 minutes, but it was not until 10 minutes from the end that they made the game safe with a breakaway by Andy Sanders and Andy King, who made ground and played the one-two before Sanders knocked it in. Northside had a late chance, but failed to make it count.

Northside now slip to third, leapfrogged by Merton, who chalked up two away wins in two days.

One of the youngest sides in the league, with nine teenagers in their line-up, Merton strengthened their league challenge with a 3-1 win over Northam Lions Reserves and a 4-2 result at Landkey.

An end-to-end game at Northam saw no goals in the opening half.

Merton then took the lead courtesy of an own goal and Sam Munday made it 2-0. The Lions pulled one back through Robbie Crump, but only for Nathan Delaune to seal the win for Merton.

Tom Parish was the hero of the next day with a hat-trick as Merton came from 1-0 behind after just five minutes to lead 3-1 by half time and then 4-1 before Landkey pulled one back from the penalty spot. Nathan Delaune was the other Merton scorer.

High Bickington hit Equalizers 4-0 with goals by Jason Hammond, Chris Hutchings (2) and Darren Avery (penalty).

AFC Anchor won a relegation six-pointer at home to Putford Reserves 2-0, leaving a nine-point gap now between them and the two bottom spots.

Terry Hollingsworth netted both the Anchor goals, the first when the Putford keeper spilled a ball into the box and the second from the penalty spot.

Woolacombe and Mortehoe fought out an eight-goal stalemate at home to Sporting Barum.

Woolacombe dominated the opening half and were 3-0 up by the break with goals by Stuart Haynes, a ‘wonder goal’ from Josh Phillips, who put the ball over the defence, caught it on his knee and volleyed into the top corner, and a third from Jamie Duffield, who knocked it in after his penalty shot rebounded back. They held this lead until after the hour, when Barum blitzed them with four goals in 10 minutes - two each from Kyle Spear and Richard Nott, including a penalty.

Stuart Haynes saved the day with an equaliser in the dying minutes.