BOCA Seniors have romped to another historic treble after winning two cup finals in four days. Either side of Saturday's 3-1 league win against Combe Martin, the North Devon Football League Premier Division champions added to a cabinet-bursting 2007/08 tr

BOCA Seniors have romped to another historic treble after winning two cup finals in four days.Either side of Saturday's 3-1 league win against Combe Martin, the North Devon Football League Premier Division champions added to a cabinet-bursting 2007/08 trophy haul by picking up the Torridge Cup on Thursday, and then the Westward Ho! Cup on Sunday.Manager Darren Todd, who has been with Boca since the club's inception in 1986/87, hailed his match-weary side's team spirit at the end of an epic four days of back-to-back football."It was a strange feeling winning the Westward Ho! Cup on Sunday," he admitted."At the final whistle, there was more a feeling of relief among the players."We're the team that everyone wants to beat and it gets harder and harder for us every season."I think everyone is actually looking forward to getting away from football for a bit now, but we'll be back next season."The manager said he hoped to persuade club captain Mark Barrow and Matt Deakin not to bow out on a high but admitted he already had a few new players lined up for next season.On Thursday, Boca were taken all the way by Braunton in a pulsating Torridge Cup tie that provided a fitting May Day finale for revelers at Vicarage Field.Despite losing Lewis Ovey to referee Tony Cloak's straight red card inside the first 20 minutes - and having an early effort by Owen Pickard ruled out by the official - Boca managed to keep it together in time for the manager's half-time team talk.The expected Braunton second-half onslaught never materialised as both teams enjoyed decent spells of possession - and along with it, good chances to win the game. Slick passing on a sticky pitch was a joy to watch. And flashes of brilliance - most notably by right-sided midfielder Deakin - were a testament to the standard of amateur football in North Devon.End-to-end football saw efforts cannon back off opposite woodwork, top scorer Richard Shannon's two-yard thunderbolt against the bar only serving to amplify the tension on the pitch - and among the 200-odd spectators. When man-of-the-match Deakin finally broke the deadlock with a scrambled effort with just 20 minutes left to play, the relief was audible. With the Torridge Cup safely in the bag, it was an unfamiliar looking Boca that managed to take the fizzle out of what has been an emphatic return to top tier football for Combe Martin.With several key players rested for the Westward Ho! Cup at Mill Road the following day, the 3-1 win at the Tarka Tennis Centre lacked the class shown two days earlier.Chris Collins and Shaun Ley gave Boca a flattering 2-0 half-time lead before goalkeeper Darren Babb stepped up to take a second-half spot kick after Simon Ovey was bought down in the box.Although Babb's initial effort was saved, he spared his blushes - and a long, lonely run back to his own goal - by making sure with the rebound.Joe Seddon headed home the consolation for Combe Martin, whose game against Bradworthy on Saturday will be manager Chris Wilton's last after returning to lead the village side's return to form during the last couple of seasons. At Mill Road on Sunday, Boca sealed their third double in two seasons by knocking four past North Molton in the Westward Ho! Cup.Despite going 1-0 down through a fine Rob Scott volley on 20 minutes, the champions hit back through Matt Deakin to make it 1-1 at half time.Shortly after the re-start, Boca took the lead through Liam Monsell after Molton were caught napping during a corner kick. It did little to halt a comeback by the spirited Stags, Nick Jones making it 2-2 after getting on the end of a Richard Bray corner.But after a great first 60 minutes, Molton began to take their foot off the gas at a time when Boca were moving up through the gears. Deakin added a second and Richard Shannon scored his 37th of an emphatic season to make it 4-2.Stag's manager David Peters told the Gazette that despite the defeat, he was pleased with his side's performance."We played really well for the first hour and took the wind out of their sails a little," he said."It's the first time North Molton have had a side in the Premier Division for around 20 years. We've had a great season and got to a major cup final - we can't be too disappointed with that."Back in the league, Braunton all-but sealed the runner-up spot in the Premier Division with a 2-1 away win at Appledore.Shaun Copp had given the Fishermen a 1-0 half-time lead. But with 15 minutes left to play, Braunton sweeper Andy Sanders ran from his own 18-yard box to finish a free-flowing footballing move with a header at the opposite end to level the scores. Graham Green got the winner at the death. Second spot will be Braunton's for the second time in consecutive seasons - unless Shamwickshire win tonight's league game against Appledore Reserves by 24 goals!Whatever the outcome, it will provide Shammy manager Gary Ford and Appledore boss Graham Hills with an important "sighter" before the sides meet again in Saturday's Brayford Cup final clash at Vicarage Field.Putford ensured their season continues to finish with a flourish with a 7-1 win against Dolton. A Wayne Pomeroy hat-trick, and singles by Chris Pomeroy, James Ashton, Nick Roberts and Matt Coles did the damage.Grosvenor/Lovacott went 1-0 down to Hartland before Greg Holland equalized after a great run from the half-way line. The more dominant side, Lovacott eventually took the lead through Joe GillardStand-in keeper Simon Hall made a string of superb saves, while Luke Holland picked up the man-of-the-match award for a staring role in the centre of defence.In the Senior Division, promoted Torridgeside signed off an epic season with a 7-0 trouncing of Clovelly. With a man sent off, Clovelly went in 1-0 down through the first of two Andy Stevens strikes. After the break, further goals by Jethro Kimber (2), Jamie Bright Martin Boundy and James Tillier helped to brush of any sign of a Clovelly challenge.Manager Nigel Cockwill said he was delighted that the club had climbed the ranks to the Premier Division, just five years after joining the North Devon league."We've applied to the league to enter a reserves side in Intermediate Two next season," he said.Also in the Senior, Shamwickshire Reserves took all three points from their last home game of the season with a 4-3 win against Barnstaple Ammies Reserves.In a thoroughly entertaining game, exciting young prospect Sam Shute came off the bench to grab a late winner for the Sham after Neil Armstrong and Danny Brown had given the home side a 2-0 half-time lead.The Ammies came out fighting after the re-start and drew level before Dean Tucker led from the back to show the forwards how to finish with a cracking goal. The visitors equalised again, but it was substitute Shute who won the day by running the full length of the Ammies' half to coolly finish with the winner.Combe Martin Reserves have returned to the top of the Intermediate One after two good wins. In the first of two weekend fixtures, Combe beat eighth-placed North Molton Reserves 6-1. Graham Coomber was the man-of- the-match, scoring a stunning hat-trick. Other goals came from Adrian Rice (2) and Simon Townsend.In their second match, Combe Martin narrowly beat Bude Town 3-2.Will Lovett opened the scoring with a free kick before Adrian Rice slotted home a penalty. A Lewis Constable header wrapped up the points. Battling bottom-of-the-table side Hartland Reserves move up to 12th with an amazing 6-1 victory against seventh-placed Sporting Barum.The home side came from a goal down to win the match. The goals came from Jack Langford (2), Sam Mellor (2), Dave Keene and Daniel Jeffrey. Lee Kerswell was the only goal scorer for Sporting Barum.In Intermediate Two, Mortehoe moved up to seventh with a 7-3 win against North Molton Thirds. Andrew Ley (2), Andrew Woodman, Paddy Weathers, Alex Boyd, Liam Dyer and Jamie Duffield scored the goals for the home side.Mark Gilfillan scored his first goal of the season for Ilfracombe Town Thirds before Louis Morgan Russell added the second in a 2-2 draw with South Molton Reserves.