BRAUNTON Reserves stepped up the pace in the North Devon Football League Senior Division with a no-nonsense demolition of lowly High Bickington on Saturday. High Bick were laid low with only a quarter of the match gone with five goals inside the first 20

BRAUNTON Reserves stepped up the pace in the North Devon Football League Senior Division with a no-nonsense demolition of lowly High Bickington on Saturday.High Bick were laid low with only a quarter of the match gone with five goals inside the first 20 minutes, including a hat-trick from Tom Cheetham. The winger opened the scoring with a curled shot from wide on the left and went on to fire in two more, coolly rounding the keeper on two occasions to score his side's third and fourth.Braunton romped into a 7-1 lead by half-time, extending it to 9-2 by the end with goals by Ricky Jeffery (2), Sam Nash, James Scott, and a first of the season from Jason Jones. The win moved Braunton into fourth place in the table on goal difference after Torrington and Pilton Academicals both failed to make ground in a 2-2 stalemate. Quyan Tran and Carl Blair were the scorers for Pilton.At the top, Chittlehampton closed the gap on leaders Ilfracombe Town Res with a battling 3-2 win away to Northam Lions Reserves. Rob Murch and Andrew Hill scored for Chittle' before the break. Dale Sawyer eventually netted the winning header after the home team clawed back to level the score. They are now just a point behind 'Combe, who have played the same number of games but were rested at the weekend.Also in with a serious title shout, Torridgeside jumped into joint third with 2-0 win at home to Bratton Fleming.Martin Boundy scored after 20 minutes, while Mark Lake secured the win after the break.Also in the division, there was a real scrap at Clovelly, where South Molton came from behind to snatch a 4-3 win. Clovelly went in front with two goals either side of half-time before Molton stormed right back into it with goals by Dean Birchall (2) and Lance Kingdon to make it 3-2. Clovelly dug in to find a leveller of their own before Kingdon popped up to notch a winner for the away team. Georgeham's footballing sides showed little mercy at the weekend - thumping in an impressive 25 goals between them in a couple of out-and-out routs. The Hammers' first and second teams went on the rampage, the Premier grafters scoring 11 in a second successive stomping of Dolton in recent weeks. After Ashley Yeo opened the scoring, Sam Dodge hit five - the last a spectacular bicycle kick from a free-kick. Ross Maynard scored a hat-trick, while Andy Bwye and Khem Ollivierre were also on the scoresheet.Intermediate One counterparts Georgeham Reserves went one better with a 14-1 demolition of Hartland Reserves. Rob Phillips-Knight netted four before leaving the fray on the hour mark. Gary Woods scored five and Mike "the hit man" Symonds got his second hat-trick of the season. Sean Creely scored a brace.On their defeat Hartland Reserves' Julian Stowell said: "Everything went wrong from start to finish and the team gave up." Sam Mellor scored their only goal.In the Premier, Dan Brown (2) and Kevin Buck were the scorers for Shamwickshire Rovers in 3-1 win against Hartland. Ian Pillman scored the consolation for Hartland.Combe Martin had to grit their teeth to come away with all three points against a visiting Kilkhampton. The 3-2 win came courtesy of first half goals by Pete Varley and Jordan Charran who hit back after Danny Smith had given Kilk an early lead.Barry Webb scored an own-goal to make in 2-2 after the break, but Combe came out on top in the end thanks to a winner with 15 minutes to play.Matthew Yates was the only scorer for North Molton in a 1-1 draw with Bradworthy.Braunton beat Morwenstow 4-2 with goals by Elliott Whitecross (2), Graham Green and Lee Eate. They couldn't make a clean sweep of it over the weekend, however, crashing out of the Westward Ho! Cup in a 3-1 defeat against rivals Boca Seniors.Despite Boca's dominance in the game it was Braunton's Curtis Netherway who scored first.Boca finally took advantage of their possession in the 40th minute, Matt Deakin getting the all-important equaliser, superbly curling the ball into the far right hand corner. A minute later, Giles Daniel powered the visitors into the lead. Daniel grabbed his second on the hour mark finishing with style and killing off the home team. Back in Intermediate One, Torrington Admirals managed to clinch an away win against Braunton Thirds. Torrie player manager James Harding hit the back of the net with a superb shot from 20 yards with 10 minutes left on the clock.In awful weather conditions, Shebbear United destroyed Sporting Barum 5-0. The goals came from Greg Mitchell (2), Ian Barker and James Vanstone (2). With only nine men left on the pitch Landkey secured a 3-2 away win against Bude Town, keeping their title chances alive.The away team had their goalkeeper sent off at half-time after taking a swing at one of Bude's players, before goal scorer Dean Sherrif got himself sent of with 10 minutes left to play. Other goals for Landkey came from Wayne Hommell and Jamie Hutton. Woolsery's game against the Combe Martin Reserves was abandoned when the referee called time after the first half due to the bad weather. Joe Cann and Matt Lewis scored for the home team who were convinced they were going to end Combe's unbeaten winning run. Equalizers had early possession at Holman Park before Ian Mcload, drove home a superb shot from 25 yards for the first of seven goals against struggling Lynton. Equalizers kept up their possession in the second half when an Andrew Parkhouse shot found the net for his first of four goals. Substitute Lee Holden came on with instant impact setting up Taro Bishop who got the sixth. Wayne Parkhouse rounded things off with a cool left foot finish past the keeper.In Intermediate Two, North Molton Reserves looked like they were heading for their first win of the season when they were leading 3-0 with 10 minutes of the first half left to play. But home team, Chittlehampton Reserves fought back with goals from Guy Williams, Steve Straker, Liam Craze and Craig Rippon to enter the dressing room 4-3 up. The second half gave the away team even more hope of the win when they scored their fifth goal of the game but with 10 minutes left to play James Dibble gave Chittlehampton the draw. Park United kept the pressure on the top three teams with a vital away win against the South Molton Reserves. An impressive hatrick from Stephen Flood and goals from Ben Stevens and Gary Phipps secured the 3-5 win keeping their hopes of promotion alive. Paul Jomes (2) and Richard Carpenter were the scorers for Molton.Torrington Reserves' 3-0 win against fifth placed Northam Lions Thirds gave them the points needed to stay in touch with the top of the table, and their main rivals Anchor. Goals came from James Bateman, Ross McNicholas and Tom Butler. Manager Andy Wenham said: "We could have won by more but the win was important."Meanwhile Anchor stayed top of the table after a 3-1 away win against Ilfracombe Town Thirds. An impressive 25-yard shot from Steve Parish over Ilfracombe's keeper added to goals from Wayne Jeffries and Matt Gordon. Pilton Academicals Reserves remained rooted to the bottom of the table after a 2-0 away defeat at Buckland Brewer. In terrible conditions, the home team managed to overpower the Academicals, Vincent Bott scoring two penalties. In a closely fought game, Mortehoe came away from the Putford Reserves with a 2-2 draw, Andrew Woodman and Luke Goodin scoring for the away team. Putford missed a glorious chance to win the game when they failed to convert a first half penalty.