The North Devon Gazette Football League’s cup competitions kicked off at the weekend.

League cups took centre stage across the North Devon Gazette Football League this week.

Brayford Cup

In the Brayford Cup, six teams successfully negotiated the first round of the competition.

The biggest wins went to Ilfracombe Town and Braunton.

Ilfracombe cantered to a 7-1 win away at Bideford CAFC, with Charlie Prentice scoring a hat-trick.

Peter Varley got a brace for the Bluebirds, with Simon Townsend and Brodie Montague also netting.

Braunton had no problems defeating Fremington, winning 7-2.

Ross Jones and Adam Baxter got Braunton to a 2-1 lead, before CJ Roberts netted a hat-trick.

Sam Box scored either side of Roberts’ third to seal a more comfortable win than the 3-2 result earlier in the season.

Boca Seniors made light work of Bradworthy in the first half to pave the way for a 5-1 victory over Bradworthy at Mill Road.

Danny Jenkins netted two on his return to the side, with Craig Sandle and Carl Holliman also netting.

Bradworthy’s goal came courtesy of Shaun Andrew from inside his own half.

A hat-trick from Joshua Heslington ensured North Molton went through to the next round.

The Stags beat Shebbear 5-0 with the other two goals coming from Jordan Jones and Jack Moses.

Torrington beat Barnstaple FC 4-1, with Matt Bryce getting a brace.

Nathan Delane and Jack Bolt also scored for the Greens.

A Rikki Kelly goal was the difference for Shamwickshire Rovers, who beat Hartland 1-0.

In the league, Park United beat Landkey Town, with goals coming from Nick Fishwick, David Brown, Michael Jones and Tom Summers.

Georgham and Croyde were knocked out of the Devon Senior Cup, losing 2-1 to East Allington United.

Combe Martin Cup

Five Combe Martin Cup fixtures took place on Saturday, with big wins for Chittlehampton and Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves.

Chittlehampton travelled to Putford, where two goals from Mitch Thorne helped them to a 6-2 win.

Blake Ladley, Simon Lockyer, Lewis Setherton and Alex Trott also scored for Chittle’, with Carl Turner scoring twice for Putford.

Shammy Reserves ensured their passage to the next round of the competition with a 5-1 win over Chivenor.

There were two goals each for Joe Neve and Tom Barton, with Tom Griffin getting one.

Sporting Barum are also through to the next round after a 2-1 win at Torridgeside Reserves.

Barum went one better than the 2-2 draw with T-Side two weeks ago in the Senior, with a double from Damian Green seeing them through.

Ilfracombe Town Reserves ran out 4-1 winners at league leaders Kilkhampton.

A Mark Gilfillan double proved a platform for the Bluebirds’ win, with Kye Goodman and Josh Phillips also scoring.

Braunton Reserves are through to the quarter finals after defeating Merton 3-1.

High Bickington are another team in the last eight, and they didn’t even have to kick a ball to do so.

They were awarded a walkover win over Stratton, who were unable to fulfill the fixture.

Senior fixtures are back this weekend after a two-week break.

Arlington Cup

Three teams scored seven goals in the first round of the Arlington Cup.

Haxton Rangers, Equalizers and Ilfracombe Town Thirds all ran in big wins to progress to the last eight.

Callum Teeling scored a hat-trick for the Bluebirds on the way to a 7-1 win at Lynton.

Haxton shared the goals against North Molton, with six scorers in the 7-1 win.

Steve Isaac scored a hat-trick for Equalizers against South Molton, with Kyle Jones also scoring two in the 7-3 win.

Torrington Reserves progress after a 3-0 win at Bideford CAFC Reserves.

Clovelly and Appledore Reserves also go through.


Appledore Lions put up the biggest win of the weekend in the NDJ Cup.

They beat Putford Reserves 11-0, with Tom Gleeson scoring a hat-trick in the process.

Ali Bright got two, with Liam Astbury, Nev Ridgway, John Van Emmens, Daniel Woolacott, Kieran Jefffery and Ashley Short all netting.

Bridgerule also scored highly, with a 10-2 win over Shebbear United Reserves.

A Tim Durbin hat-trick helped Northam Lions to a 7-2 win over Park Rangers.

Hartland Reserves also progressed thanks to a 4-2 win at home to Woolsery.