FREMINGTON may already be the Intermediate One champions!

A win at home to Clovelly last night (Tuesday) after the Gazette had gone to press will have been enough to give them the title.

Fremington set the scene with a weekend double win in which they scored 14 goals without reply.

First came a 9-0 result away to Sporting Barum and next day a 5-0 win at High Bickington.

Barum held them to 2-0 at the break, but then ran out of steam and Fremington ran in the goals.

Andy King hit a hat-trick and his brother Tim also netted his first goal after they swopped places so he could try his luck up front.

Goalkeeper Jamie Powe scored with a spectacular kick from one goalmouth into the other and the rest came from Matt Ford, Wayne Parkhouse, Cain Perry and Luke Rigler.

High Bickington had chances, including one ‘goal’ disallowed, and held Fremington to a single goal by Luke Rigler in the opening half.

But when Rigler netted a second after the break and Fremington brought on fresh legs, the gap widened. Substitute Tom Webb hit his first goal of the season, Andy King grabbed another and rugby-playing James Todd tried the round ball to good effect to finish it off.

A defeat for second-placed Merton further helped the Fremington cause.

Merton beat Clovelly 4-0 on Saturday, with a hat-trick from Tom Parish and a goal by Nathan Delaune all coming in the second half.

But they slipped 2-1 at home to their promotion rivals Ilfracombe Reserves on Sunday.

Ilfracombe opened their account through George Nancekivell in the first half before a cracking header from Brendan Harris made it 1-1 at the break. Two more Merton efforts were well saved by the Combe keeper before Nick Ward stepped up with the Ilfracombe winner.

Landkey continued their strong finish to the season with a 4-0 win away to one-time contenders Northside Atlantic, with two goals in each half.

Andrew Parkhouse hit a hat-trick and the other came from James Jackson.

After falling 2-0 behind at home to Woolacombe and Mortehoe, the Equalizers put their passing game together and turned the tables to run out 5-3 winners.

Ben Taylor hit a hat-trick for the Equalizers and the others came from Matthew Mitchell and Darren Floyde.

Northam Lions Reserves were 2-1 winners at home to High Bickington.

They went 2-0 up with goals by Trevor Maine and Robbie Crump, but were unable to make the most of other chances before High Bickington pulled one back.

Braunton 3rds were 2-0 winners away to Putford Reserves.