GEORGEHAM maintained their unbeaten run in 2008 with a 7-1 stomping of lowly Northam Lions. The Hammers showed no mercy in Saturday's North Devon Premier League clash, going 4-0 up at half time thanks to incisive passing to a fast moving front two pairing

GEORGEHAM maintained their unbeaten run in 2008 with a 7-1 stomping of lowly Northam Lions.The Hammers showed no mercy in Saturday's North Devon Premier League clash, going 4-0 up at half time thanks to incisive passing to a fast moving front two pairing of Andy Bwye and Sam Dodge.Each striker scored two-a-piece before the end, but the excellent Ross Maynard bagged a hat-trick from midfield in an awesome display of controlled football. He started and finished a well-worked move to tally his first; scored a second from the spot; and hit a third with left foot volley from 25-yards.Georgeham will be looking ahead forward to a Brayford Cup semi-final game against Appledore Reserves on Saturday.The Fishermen slumped to a 3-0 defeat at the first ever game to be played on the impressive new pitch at North Molton. The fine footballing surface, has been cultured using a special blend of sportsfield grass that has set the club back £700 alone for the seed. Although the new pitch held firm on match day, it caused a slightly different problem for Stags' manager David Peters "Everyone wanted to be the first to score on the new pitch," he said."Thankfully things settled down after we scored our first goal and we started playing a more familiar style of football."The goal, 15 minutes into the game, was scored by 16-year-old Ed Jenkins, who picked the ball up on the right side of midfield and ran the ball to the edge of the box where he smashed an unstoppable shot.Ten minutes into the second half, Rob Scott doubled the lead before James Tapp came off the bench to add a third with almost his first touch of the ball.With Giles Daniel and Chris Collins scoring two each to help leaders Boca Seniors brush off a determined challenge by a young and energetic Morwenstow side, second and third-placed Shamwickshire Rovers and Combe Martin squared up at Holland Park to try and keep their title contentions alive.The game remained goaless until the 84th minute when Ben Haynes' cross from the right found Andy Allen unmarked at the far post to head home. But with two minutes left to play, Combe hit back when veteran substitute Mark Bithell found himself in the right place at the right time to snatch a point for the home side.Shammy will have to go one better in their cup semi against Barnstaple Ammies at the Pollyfield on Saturday.The Ammies are riding high after coming away from Braunton with a solid point at the weekend. The Ammies had taken the lead mid-way through the second half through Ollie James. The goal came shortly after an unfortunate collision of two Braunton defenders that resulted in a trip to hospital for centre-half Scott Maynard. His side's equaliser came with 12 minutes to play, Jimmy Cuell rescuing a point with a top-corner debut goal from the penalty spot.Also in the division, Grosvenor/Lovacott scored four in a straightforward win against bottom side Kilkhampton. Richard Elston's header gave the Barnstaple side a half-time lead and keeper Joe Robinson made a string of fine saves - including one from the penalty spot - to keep his side in front. Skipper Stuart Lane held things firm at the back while front-man Kieron Haywood scored two in a typically energetic second-half display. Ben Walters added the fourth for Lovacott.Richard Davey left it late to score for Hartland against Dolton. But Rob Holland had the last laugh for the home side, who scored even later to record their first points of the year.In the Senior Division, leaders Ilfracombe Town Reserves marched on with a 6-0 win against Northam Lions Reserves. Mark Gilfillan scored a hat-tick and took his tally for the season to 20. The other goals were scored by Callum Norman, Reid Eccleston and Andrew Thomas.On Saturday, 'Combe are on Combe Martin Cup semi-final duty with a trip to Braunton Reserves, who lost 5-1 at Shamwickshire Reserves at the weekend.Shammy took just 11 seconds to score, Will Nichols bulging the net straight from the kick-off. After six minutes, they went two-up after Ryan West bundled the ball home when the Braunton defence hung around for a referee's whistle that never came. Nichols made it 3-0 before half-time.In part two, Shammy keeper Simon Skelton made the first of two excellent spot-kick saves. Braunton did fire back, but Nichols sealed his hat-tick on 85 minutes and West scored his second with a minute to go.Second-placed Chittlehampton failed to gain any ground on the leaders and could only manage a single Mark Millichope goal in a 1-1 draw with Clovelly. Torrington have had seven draws this season, but a late second-half winner saw them snatch all three points in a 3-2 win over Bratton Fleming on Saturday. Joe Toop equalised for Bratton after Trevor "Disco" May had given Torrie the lead. In the second half, Joe Grimly put the Greens ahead with a right foot top-corner rocket that came straight from Jamie Summers' thrown-in on the left. Colin Welch levelled the scores for Bratton before May turned and shot from the edge of the box to hit the winner with five minutes to go.Torrie play Pilton Academicals in the other league cup semi on Saturday. Pilton were left kicking themselves at the weekend after succumbing to a late goal against promotion rivals Torridgeside. Tony Higgs scored for Pilton before Mark Lake levelled the score in the first 45. James Tillier then pulled Torridgeside ahead before Aaron Richmond hit back from the spot to make it 2-2 with 10 minutes to play. Mark Lake capitalised on some sloppy defending to snatch an unlikely win five minutes before full-time. In the division's other game, Andy King and Mark Ellis gave Barnstaple Ammies Reserves a 2-0 half-time lead in their game against High Bickington. Bick hit back in the second half when Rob Gear finished a fine 12-pass move. They were rewarded with a point through Owen Darch's 30-yard strike.In Intermediate One, Kemal Taz scored a hat-trick and Danny Bruce hit a cracking volley from the edge of the box in North Molton Reserves' good 4-1 win against Equalizers.At the top, Combe Martin Reserves maintained their 100 per cent record with a 6-0 away win against Torrington Admirals. Centre back-turned centre forward Radley Watkins bagged a hat-trick, while Paul Reyner, Daniel Senn and Adrian Rice also snagged a piece of the action.Second-placed Landkey kept their promotion hopes on-track with a 5-1 win against Braunton Thirds. Brothers Scott and Rob Patton, Maurice Charley, Wayne Hommell and Jamie Hutton were the scorers for Landkey.It isn't often that a bottom of the league side scores 13 in a match, but Hartland Reserves made the most of their match with eight-man Grosvenor/Lovacott Reserves to do just that on Saturday. Perhaps more remarkably, the under-strength Lovacott men actually managed to score three goals with well-taken strikes by Sam Owen and a belter by James Harold. Steve Finlay and James Doble were signalled out for praise for their never-say-die attitude while playing their part in the classic 3-3-1 formation!Miek Biggs and Rob Phillips-Knight both scored for Georgeham Reserves in their 2-2 draw with Shebbear United. Greg Mitchell and Danny Gray were on target for Shebbear who piled on the pressure with 20 minutes to go to rescue a vital promotion-chasing point.Lee Byrne scored a hat-trick for Sporting Barum against Bude in a 5-3 win. Sporting's other scorers were Lee Kerswell and man-of-the-match Sam Paddon.In Intermediate Two, Simon Adams (2), Gary Montague (2), Jake Lomax and Vincent Bott were scorers for Buckland Brewer in a 6-2 win against North Molton Thirds. Liam Dymond and John Sabin scored the consolation goals for the Stags.Leaders Anchor put six past Mortehoe, Damian Shaddick, Alex Morgan, and Terry and Steve Hollingsworth were the scorers. Mark Heale was only scorer for Chittlehampton Reserves in an 8-1 defeat against Torrington Reserves.And finally...Pilton Academicals Reserves won their first game of the season and moved off the bottom of the table with a 2-1 away win against South Molton Reserves. Molton opened the scoring with a Dean Birchall shot on 20 minutes, but Pilton hit back with Steve Beer goals on 30 and 80 minutes.