This week’s North Devon Gazette Football League round-up

Devon Premier Cup and North Devon Gazette Premier

Braunton are through to the quarter-finals of the Throgmorton Devon Premier Cup.

They beat Bovey Tracey 4-3 in South Devon on Saturday.

They had to do it the hard way though, going 2-0 down before an Adam Baxter double put them back on terms.

The SWP Division One East side went ahead again before Russell Harrison got the score back to 3-3.

Ian Wheatley got the winner, leaping to put a powerful header beyond the goalkeeper and set up a last eight tie against Crediton United.

Ilfracombe Town’s cup run came to an end on Saturday, losing 4-1 to Stoke Gabriel.

Brodie Montague scored from the penalty spot for the Bluebirds.

With both clubs not playing in the league, Boca Seniors made the most of the opportunity to extend their lead at the top of the North Devon Gazette Premier.

The beat Landkey Town 2-1 at Mill Road to seal their place at the top of the table until 2017.

Claudio Pinto scored against the club he scored 26 goals for last season, with Danny Jenkins also scoring for Boca.

Landkey got on the scoresheet by the way of an own goal.

Park United ahead into third for the time being.

They beat Bideford CAFC 4-1 at the Sports Ground on Saturday.

David Brown, John Downing, Tom Forrester and Mark Hill got the goals for Park.

Steven Morris netted for Bideford.

Shamwickshire Rovers beat Torrington 4-3 at Vicarage Field to earn their seventh consecutive league victory.

The result leaves Torrington in tenth, just below Fremington and Shebbear United, who met on Saturday.

Fremington beat their opponents 2-1 to move up to eighth in the league table.

Devon Senior Cup and North Devon Senior

Ilfracombe Town Reserves and Northam Lions both made it into the last eight of the Firewatch Devon Senior Cup.

The Bluebirds did so with a 2-1 win over Harbertonford

Mark Gilfillan netted a stunning free kick before Tom Hannah scored.

Ilfracombe will meet University of Exeter Seconds in the quarter finals.

Northam Lions will take on Cronies after successfully negotiating Paignton Saints.

Lions won 3-1 at home on Saturday afternoon, with Rob Crump, Oli Robinson and Tom Butler scoring.

In the North Devon Senior, Sporting Barum booked their place in the semi-finals of the Combe Martin Cup.

Barum played Braunton Reserves at the third time of asking, after the previous two scheduled fixtures were postponed.

A Matt Deakin hat-trick and a first goal for Kurt Bayliss sealed a 4-1 victory for Sporting, who will play Ilfracombe Town Reserves in the last four.

In the league, Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves climbed up to eighth after a huge 8-1 win at Stratton United.

Martyn Harris scored two in the win, with goals also coming from Tom Barton, Tom Griffin, Nick Keen, Joseph Neve and Ben Sherborne.

Ben Purcell scored the consolation goal for the home side.

Combe Martin moved off the bottom of the table, beating Chivenor 3-2 for their second consecutive win.

Devon Intermediate Cup and Intermediate One

Haxton Rangers made it into the quarter final of the A&S Paving Intermediate Cup after beating Appledore Reserves 2-1.

Barnstaple FC Reserves didn’t make it through, losing 5-0 to Chaddlewood Inn.

In Intermediate One, Ilfracombe Town Thirds and Braunton Thirds remain neck and neck at the top of the table.

Braunton put 11 goals past Landkey Town Reserves, while Ilfracombe beat South Molton 4-1.

James Harker scored a hat-trick for the Bluebirds, with Jack Holman adding. Tom Roode scored for Molton.

Morwenstow Reserves moved off the bottom with a 2-1 win against Clovelly.

Intermediate Two

Northam Lions won the battle of first versus second against Bridgerule.

Doubles from Courtney Kelly and Ross McNichollas helped Lions to a 4-3 win.

Appledore Lions kept in touch with the leaders with an 11-0 win at Park Rangers – their sixth in a row.

Ali Bright and Matt May both netted hat-tricks for Lions.

Holsworthy Reserves made it into the Bill Smale Cup semi-final with an 8-1 win at Georgeham and Croyde Reserves.