This week’s North Devon Football League round-up


North Molton and Ilfracombe Town Reserves stay first and second in the North Devon Premier.

They were both winners of the two games played on Saturday, with the first round of the Throgmorton Devon Premier Cup taking precendence for those involved.

Molton stay at the top after a 2-0 win over Torridgeside Reserves at Donnacroft.

Joe Southcott and Josh Dekker got the goals for the Stags.

The Bluebirds, who handed Braunton their first defeat of the season last Tuesday, followed up with a 3-1 win over Torrington on Saturday.

Chay Isaac, Peter Varley and Dan Wright scored the goals for Ilfracombe, with Isaac also shown a red card.

Out of the six Premier teams taking part in the first round of the Devon Premier Cup, only Boca Seniors and Shamwickshire Rovers progressed to the next stage.

Boca will travel to Heavitree United in the second round of the competition after beating Bideford CAFC 6-0 at Mill Road on Saturday.

Two goals each for Adam Copp, Tom Marsh and Scott Sharpe did the damage for the home side.

Shammy meanwhile, will be at home to Ashburton Association in the second round after beating a young Tavistock side 4-1 on Saturday.

Goals for the home side came from Nathan Bates, Lee Evans, Will Nicholls and Brian Levien.

It wasn't to be for Bradworthy, who were on the wrong end of a 5-0 defeat at home to Mount Gould.

There was also a first round defeat for Fremington, who lost 3-0 to Witheridge Reserves on Wednesday night.

Braunton and Barnstaple are still to play each other in the first round; they face each other on Saturday.

Landkey Town handed their opponents Kingsteignton Athletic a walkover victory.

Boca and Sham will join Park United, North Molton, Torrington and South West Peninsula League sides Appledore, Holsworthy, Ilfracombe Town and Torridgeside in the second round, which takes place on October 7.


Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves went to the top of the Senior Division on Saturday after a storming win over High Bickington.

Shammy were 15-0 winners, with Tom Barton scoring five, and hat-tricks for Charlie Harding and Ross Glover.

Tom Griffin netted twice, and there was a goal each for Ryan West and Ollie Cole.

Chittlehampton are behind them on goal difference at this early stage, and they kept up their end of the bargain with a 9-2 win at home to Ilfracombe Town Thirds.

A hat-trick for Mitchell Thorne and two each for Richard Eaton and Nathan Willougby helped them on their way. Steve Latham and Ciaron Lishman also scored. James Dyer and Ben Garness netted for the Bluebirds.

Chivenor made it two out of two with a 5-0 win at Merton on Saturday.

There were two goals for Johnathan Dolan. Matt Davies and Sam Van Weenen also scored.

Three goals from the bench helped Fremington Reserves to a 7-2 win at Georgeham and Croyde. Nat Gunn, Bailey Harris and Byron Saunders all scored after coming on. Max Holding scored two for Frem and Oliver Beck and Will Jones also netted.

Appledore Reserves picked up three points with a 3-1 win over Kilkhampton. Matt Fay scored twice in the win. Charlie White found the net too.

Braunton Reserves beat Combe Martin 5-0 for the first win of the season.

Intermediate One

Bideford CAFC Reserves made it six out of six in Intermediate One with a 2-0 win over Braunton Thirds on Saturday.

Goals for the Robins came from Josh Reynolds and Ben Musselwhite from the bench.

Hartland Clovelly Reserves were 4-1 winners over Lynton and Lynmouth, with Ben Fisher Anderson (2), Paul Parker and Jordan Fisher scoring. Adam Harris scored for the visitors.

Torrington Reserves won by the same scoreline at home to Morwenstow, with Josh White netting a hat-trick. Will Croxford also scored.

Jack Savaged got the goal for the visitors.

Northam Lions suffered their third defeat, on the wrong end of an 8-0 thumping from Bridgerule

Intermediate Two

Woolacombe and Torridgeside Thirds played out a nine-goal thriller in Intermediate Two on Saturday, with the division new boys winning 5-4.

Woolacombe raced into a 3-0 lead before two Aidy Guppy goals pulled T-Side back into contention.

Scoring went back and forth, with the hosts getting to 5-3 before Alfie Stevens pulled one back.

There was a big win for Shebbear United Reserves, who beat Georgeham and Croyde Reserves 9-0. Ben Sharpe scored four goals.

There was also a big win for Braunton Fourths, who were 6-1 winners over Bridgerule Reserves.