SHAMWICKSHIRE Rovers are through to the final of the Brayford Cup but they left it very late against North Devon Premier League rivals Barnstaple Ammies at the Pollyfield on Saturday. Shammy fans who had turned out to brave a bitterly cold East-the-Wate

SHAMWICKSHIRE Rovers are through to the final of the Brayford Cup - but they left it very late against North Devon Premier League rivals Barnstaple Ammies at the Pollyfield on Saturday.Shammy fans who had turned out to brave a bitterly cold East-the-Water wind were already trudging back down the hill when the cheers from Dean Moran's last-gasp equaliser had them racing back for an extra-time showdown.The 86th minute strike came at the end of a half that Rovers never really looked like winning. Ollie James had given the visitors the lead after just two minutes, before Andy Allen rifled a net-bursting leveller from the edge of the box, to make it 1-1 at half-time. Shaun Piper scored his first of the season to put Ammies 2-1 up inside the first 15 minutes of the second half. And they really should have gone on to put the game beyond the home side, with a string of good chances that they failed to nail.In extra time, both teams slogged it out for a winner but created very little. And just when the game looked destined for extra-time, it was Moran who booked his side a final place with another goal, four minutes from time.Shammy now face a cup final derby clash with Torridge rivals Appledore Reserves on May 10. Rovers manager Gary Ford, who has managed Appledore in the past and also played for the club for more than 20 years, said he was looking forward to the battle with his old adversaries. "It's great to see two Torridge clubs in the final," he said."It'll be nice to put one over on them, but they'll want to do the same to me," he added.The Fishermen earned their place with a return-to-form performance against Georgeham that manager Graham Hills likened to his side's 4-1 league demolition of Shammy in December.Despite having a goal disallowed in the first five minutes, Appledore shrugged off any disappointment to go two-up. Sean Coop hit a 25-yard left foot screamer before Matt Bolton carved out his own chance to score his first of three during the afternoon. Carlo Ferrero pulled one back for Georgeham before half-time with a glorious volley but the home side came straight back after the break, Bolton rounding the keeper after a defensive mix-up. He sealed his hat-trick soon after, heading home after finding himself unmarked at the far post. Sam Dodge scored a late consolation for the Hammers.Back in the Premier league, Combe Martin travelled over the boarder to Cornwall.Manager Chris Wilton warned his side that he had been involved in football games at Morwenstow for the last 40 years and had never had an easy game there.And so it proved to be in a frustrating 1-1 draw."We dominated the match early on and had corner after corner," said the manager. "In the first 20 minutes, we should have had the game wrapped up."But after 25 minutes, Morwenstow broke free to round debut keeper Kelvin Warren, an advantage they held onto until half-time. Combe's Joe Seddon had a penalty effort saved before the break, but his side equalised a minute after the re-start through new signing Jordan Charran. Warren then saved superby to deny the Cornishmen a second-half winner from the penalty spot.Braunton travelled to Bradworthy and made good ground on Combe Martin with a 4-0 win. Daryl Reed, Ryan Dempsy, Graham Green and Andy Sanders were the scorers.On Sunday, they piled on the cup misery for Barnstaple Ammies by knocking them out of the Torridge Cup. Daryl Reed scored two and Graham Green scored one in a 3-2 quarter-final win.Grosvenor/Lovacott were 3-1 winners at Northam Lions. Asaph Barros scored the first, while Greg Holland scored a second thanks to a great ball from Martin Mules. After the break, a great Kieran Heywood through-ball found half-time substitute James Doble. The club's longest-serving player rounded the keeper to score his first ever Premier division goal.In the Combe Matin Cup semi-finals, Pilton Academicals crashed out on penalties against Torrington. Quyen Tran put Pilton 1-0 direct from the corner on 10 minutes before the Academicals had James Gregory sent off 10 minutes later. After the break, Torrie scored from the kick-off through Danny Jenkins and soon went 2-1 up thanks to a Tom Hayne spot-kick finish. Pilton equalised through Brendan Patton's fine 25-yard chip to send the game into extra-time and then penalties. Torrie's hero keeper Peter Ellis saved three and scored one himself to help his side through.In the other semi, Braunton Reserves knocked out league leaders Ilfracombe Town Reserves. 'Combe took the lead through Karl Allsop but were pegged back with a quarter-of-an-hour to go by Tom Cheetham's leveller. Braunton manager Ashley Lowe admitted he was already looking towards extra-time when Elliott Whitecross stuck in a last-gasp winner with a minute to go.Equalizers said they had felt hard done by not to get a draw in their league tie with Shebbear United two weeks ago. But they were up for their re-match in the Arlington Cup semi-final, running out 2-0 winners.Mathew Mitchell scored the first after 15 minutes with a superb near-post glancing header. And as Shebbear searched for an early second-half equaliser, the ball fell to top scorer Andrew Parkhouse who took the ball past a defender with his first touch and then superbly lobbed the keeper from 35-yards.The win earned Equalizers an Arlington Cup final fixture against unbeaten Combe Martin Reserves. Combe beat a young Woolsery side 4-1, but manager Glen Borthwick said his side was made to work for the win by a side that gave as good as it got.Paul Rayner, Richard Watkins and Adrian Rice put the home side 3-0 up before the break while Rayner added the fourth just after. Damian Bowes scored a consolation for Woolsery with a good individual effort. The game saw further drama after the full-time whistle when the Devon Air Ambulance was scrambled to Holland's Park following an injury to Woolsery's Hamish Cameron, who fell awkwardly during virtually the last challenge of the game and was airlifted to North Devon District Hospital.In the NDJ Cup, Intermediate Two league leaders Anchor booked their place in the cup final with a 3-0 win over Bideford rivals Park United. Terry Hollingsworth scored a penalty to make it 1-0 at half-time, while Steve Parish and Tim Durbin made the game safe after the re-start.Anchor will play Mortehoe who knocked out Northam Lions Thirds with a 6-2 victory.Jamie Duffied (2), Andrew Ley, Dean Spears, Dan King-Smith and Stuart Russell were the scorers for Mortehoe who fought back to turn around a 2-1 half-time deficit to equalise in normal time - and run riot in extra time! Lee Barker and Leroy Palmer scorered for the Lions.In the league, unlucky North Molton Thirds were denied their first win of the season as Bradworthy Reserves left it late to claw their way back into the game at Rocksfield.Jon Lloyd and Adrian Brewer both scored to put the Stags 2-1 up with 10 minutes left to play. Molton missed a penalty to make the game safe at 3-1, before Bradworthy hit back to make it 3-2.James Bateman, Ashley Short and Gary Robinson were the scorers for Torrington Reserves against Bratton Fleming Reserves. A Kevin Baddick "screamer" was the only consolation for Bratton.