Torrington marched through to the next round with a 5-0 win away to Hele Rovers - one of three North Devon teams to win through at the weekend.

Torrie travelled without a keeper, right back Dom O’Shea filling the gap. But he was hardly troubled as they went ahead in the first minute and never looked back.

Ross McNicholas hit a hat-trick, his last goal from the penalty spot, and others came from Danny Jenkins and George Bartlett.

Only disappointment was the sending off of Matthew Brice five minutes from the end for a second yellow card.

Braunton Reserves also went through in comfort, winning 7-2 away to Bampton.

They pushed 4-0 ahead by half-time and were then 6-0 ahead before easing up in the closing stages.

Reed hat-trick

Darryl Reed hit a hat-trick, there were two goals by Luke Day and one each for Chay West and Callum Goss.

Steam Packet’s bizarre pre kick-off huddle and chant only served to fire up Lynton, who dominated throughout and won 5-2.

Despite this, Lynton found themselves 1-0 down to the Plymouth side at half time as poor finishing failed to match their good build-ups and early in the second half Jack Osmond produced a great save, tipping over a thumping shot.

But five minutes later Duncan Almond started the Lynton scoring after following up a shot the keeper parried, to make it 1-1. Minutes later Jack Pugsley was put through and made it 2-1. C.J Roberts slotted in number three and Pugsley headed a second for 4-1. Steam Packet made it 4-2 after a block from Dave Sinclair fell to a striker whose shot took a big deflection, but the gap was quickly restored with another goal from Roberts.

Northam Lions called on some second team players and had two 16 year olds as substitutes for their match at home to Topsham Reserves.

They did all right for about 20 minutes, with man-of-the-match Steve Ronald making some great saves, before Topsham got on top to lead 2-0 at half-time and finally ran out 5-0 winners.

Shamwickshire Reserves were trailing 2-0 away to Tipton St John when the referee was taken ill and the match abandoned.

A replay has been scheduled, although a Shammy spokesman said it was possible they may speak with the Devon FA about conceding the match.

Pilton Academicals and South Molton gave walk-overs to Heavitree Social United Reserves and Waldon Athletic respectively.

Other games were cancelled due to the weather, including Combe Martin’s match at home to Roborough Reserves and Park United versus Witheridge.