THE pitch at Pollyfield, East-the-Water, has seen plenty of drama over the years. And after a sticky start, Saturday's Senior Division game between Shamwickshire and Combe Martin's Reserves produced its own fireworks. When the match suddenly sparked into

LEVEL again Shammy boys celebrate Simon Skelton's 2-2 second-half leveller against Combe Martin

THE pitch at Pollyfield, East-the-Water, has seen plenty of drama over the years. And after a sticky start, Saturday's Senior Division game between Shamwickshire and Combe Martin's Reserves produced its own fireworks.When the match suddenly sparked into action late on, Shammy were already 2-0 down. Ryan West and Simon Skelton hauled the East-the-Water side back into the fray at 2-2. A top corner thunder cracker from Graham Coomber silenced an inspired second-half comeback and restored the lead for the visitors before Shammy's West nipped in to nod past the keeper to level things again at 3-3. In the Premier Division, Combe Martin remain unbeaten after a 2-2 draw against Barnstaple AAC. Andy Sanders fired home from the spot on two minutes to give the Ammies the lead but Ray Squire's free kick whistled past Joe Robinson to level the score. Ammies went ahead again through Greg Holland but a late penalty from Peter Varley gave Combe their third consecutive draw. A Mark Sanders brace helped Braunton beat Morwenstow 1-4. Their other goals were scored by Graham Green and Jason Jones. Boca Seniors kept their third consecutive clean sheet with a 4-0 win over Bradworthy. Lee Langmead scored his second goal in as many starts to open the scoring, while leading goal scorer Richard Shannon added a second with his eighth of the season. Mark Barrow slotted home from the penalty spot to claim his first league goal of 2008/09 and Matt Deakin neatly added Boca's fourth before halftime. North Molton moved up to sixth in the table after a 3-0 win over struggling Georgeham, Ed Jenkins and Tom Marsh (2) netting the goals for the Stags. End-to-end football at Putford's Allardice Hall resulted in a 4-3 win for Shamwickshire, a late goal from match hero Chris Allan sealing Putford's fate. Phil Skelton (2) and Ben Ford were the other scorers for Shammy, while Tom Gleeson (2) and Dave Richardson scored for Putford. Torridgeside fought back from 4-1 down to draw 5-5 with Hartland. Danny Gifford opened the scoring for Hartland before Mark Sussex pulled one back. Gifford and Matt Joslin (2) fired home three more goals for Hartland to give them a three-goal cushion but an own goal and a Shaun Kenneally shot gave Torridgeside a lift with the score 4-3 at half time. Norman Foster restored a two-goal advantage for Hartland after the restart, but Patrick Ions and Robbie Holland found the back of the net to level the scores at 5-5 with 30 minutes left to play.Quyen Tran hit the winner for Pilton Academicals in their 0-1 win against Barnstaple AAC Reserves. Clovelly failed to hold on to a 2-0 lead, slipping to a narrow 4-3 defeat to South Molton. Marc Austin and Marten Stanbury opened the scoring but Ryan Isaac pulled one back for South Molton before half time. Clovelly came out strong in the second half, Ian Chan slotting home their third but the Images held on and were rewarded with goals from Dean Birchall and Sam Runnells. With 10 minutes to go, Molton netted the winner, Birchall bagging his brace. Rob Murch was the hero for Chittlehampton with a four-goal haul in their 7-4 win over Kilkhampton. Other goals for Chittlehampton were scored by Dale Sawyer (2) and Ross Williams. Despite a lively performance, Bideford Reserves lost 3-1 to unbeaten Braunton Reserves. Matt Hunt opened the scoring for Braunton on 25 minutes and their lead was soon doubled when Louis Murrell headed home their second in first-half stoppage time. The Robins failed to find a goal in open play and had to rely on Hector Christie's penalty to give them hope of a comeback. Braunton regained their two-goal advantage when they caught the Robins with a breakaway goal, Murrell heading home his second of the match to seal the win. After ten matches played, Torrington Reserves lead the Intermediate One title race by three points, a 6-4 win over Woolsery sealing their eighth victory of the season. Danny Jenkins was on form for Torrie, firing four of their goals. Other scorers were Ross McNicholas and James Bateman. Nick Glover (2), Ashley Glover and Tom Ball scored for Woolsery. Landkey maintained their 100 per cent record with a 4-0 win away from home against struggling Merton. Aaron Moan, Mark Rippon, Kieron Heywood and Rob Patton all got on the score sheet for Landkey, whose winning streak continued with a 4-3 win against Shebbear United in the Holman Cup on Sunday. Maurice Charley, Martin Elston, Matt Evans and Kieron Heywood scored the winning goals for Landkey. The problems continue for bottom-of-the-table club Hartland Reserves after an 8-0 defeat at the hands of Northam Lions Reserves. Hat-tricks for Northam's Jason Ingham and Ross Glover sdded to a brace scored by Graham Crump. Torrington Admirals secured their fourth win of the season with a 5-2 win over Park United, Adrian Sealey, Mark Beer (2) and Darren Parish scoring for Torrington. Park's consolation goals were scored by Simon Reid and Stephen Flood. A 6-1 win over Braunton Thirds moved North Molton Reserves up to third in the table, Dan Chalk, Tim Perry, Kemal Tas, Adrian Brewer and Matt Tapp all on target for the Stags. Martin McDonald netted a late goal for Braunton to prevent a clean sheet. Equalizers had to fight back from 2-0 down to beat Sporting Barum 2-3 at Rock Park. Barum raced to a two-goal lead after Nick Holton and Lee Byrne fired them ahead, but a goal from Equalizers' Matthew Mitchell kept his team in touch at half-time.Early second half pressure from Equalizers was rewarded when Jamie Pow's long goal kick found striker Wayne Parkhouse who headed over Barum's keeper Mark Dorman to level the score. Five minutes from time, Chris Smailes netted the winner to secure all three points for Equalizers. Lynton lost their second consecutive match 2-1 in their Intermediate Two encounter with title rivals Ilfracombe Town Thirds. Tristan Leech and Carl Power scored the winning goals for 'Combe in a win that moves them up to third in the table, just two points behind Lynton with a game in hand.Goals from Billy Curtis and Kyle Hynd couldn't prevent Torridgeside losing 4-2 to Bratton Fleming Reserves. Simon Adams and Vinny Bott scored quick fire goals to breathe life into the match between Buckland Brewer and North Molton Thirds, which ended 4-2 in Buckland's favour. North Molton refused to be bowled over and were rewarded on the half hour mark with a goal. But Buckland hit back on the re-start, Adams and Bott linking well to set up Adams' second goal. The second half started slowly, but a Molton own goal left Buckland 4-1. Chris Menday scored the consolation goal for South Molton Reserves in their fifth defeat of the season. The match against Bradworthy Reserves ended 4-1.In a closely contested match, Northam Lions Thirds were unable to find an equaliser in a 4-5 defeat to Mortehoe. Tom Rosset scored on his debut for Mortehoe to add to the goals scored by Andrew Woodman, Jamie Duffield and Leo Kybert. Northam's scorers were Steve Ford, Martin Ford and Mark