FREMINGTON are champions of the Senior Division and Combe Martin Cup winners.

A 4-1 win at home to North Molton Reserves on Saturday gave Fremington the title.

They signalled their intentions early on with two goals in the first 10 minutes from Paul Parkin and Mark Sanders (pen). After taking their foot off the gas for a while, Fremington were repaid for giving their substitutes a chance. Darren Vaughan made it 3-0 before Molton pulled one back and veteran Sean Ley was called on in the closing minutes and celebrated with a penalty for the final goal before now hanging up his boots.

Fremington added the Combe Martin Cup to their cabinet without having to don their boots. Scheduled final opponents Combe Martin and Braunton Reserves were both disqualified for having fielded ineligible players in their semi-final match.

Closest rivals Torrington, also assured of promotion, cannot now catch up after being held to a 1-1 draw midweek by Woolsery – who did the same to Fremington the previous week.

After falling behind on the stroke of half-time to a goal by George Bartlett, Woolsery came back with a late equaliser by Simon Appleby.

Shamwickshire Reserves won a goalfest against Pilton Academicals 7-3 with a hat-trick by Sam Brend, two by James Bateman and one each for Ross Glover and Ben Evans-Loude.

Bude lost 2-1 at home to Park Utd, going ahead through Jordan White before Mark Lee and Tom Forrester both struck for Park in the final 10 minutes.

They followed up with a 2-2 draw at home to Braunton Reserves on Sunday, this time going 2-0 up with goals by Steve Hackett and Jack Watson, only for Braunton to hit back with goals by Matt Hunt and Ryan Hawkes.

The previous day, a Braunton side including nine 16 and 17-year-olds went down 2-1 to South Molton. Matt Hunt scored their goal.

Barnstaple champs

A battle royal between the top Intermediate One contenders saw Barnstaple FC and Hartland finish 2-2 – enough for Barnstaple to clinch the title.

It was 1-0 to Hartland at half-time. Connor Nash equalised and Tom Nash put Barnstaple in front on 80 minutes, but Hartland came back to draw level in the 86th minute.

Richard Davey and Joe Deakin scored the goals for Hartland, who are favourites for the second promotion spot, although four teams still remain in contention.

Nearest challengers Torridgeside Reserves suffered a surprising slip with a 2-1 defeat at the hands of bottom-of-the-table Sporting Barum, who also won 2-0 midweek at home to Braunton 3rds, but still cannot escape relegation.

Alan Brettel and Kyle Spear gave Sporting their winning goals, with Jethro Kimber replying for Torridgeside.

With games in hand, Landkey are also still in with a promotion chance following a 2-1 win at Anchor Chiefs midweek and a 3-2 result at home to Woolacombe on Saturday with goals by Wayne Thomas (2) and Lee Kerswell.

Central defender Darren Avery filled in as keeper for High Bickington at home to Barnstaple AAC Reserves and was beaten by a free kick in the opening 10 minutes. But the Ammies could not get past him again as High Bick won 3-1 with goals by James Manning, Fraser Reeves and Robert Hunt.

Five in the mix

Braunton 4ths remain Intermediate Two title favourites despite dropping a point midweek in a 1-1 draw with Barnstaple FC Reserves.

They need just five points from four remaining games to be assured of the title. But five teams are still, mathematically, in the mix in the tight race at the top.

Barnstaple FC are among them, following up their 1-1 draw with the leaders with an 8-0 Sunday win over North Molton 3rds.

Despite fielding a depleted side, second-placed Buckland Brewer maintained their challenge with a 4-2 win at home to South Molton Reserves. Simon Adams hit a hat-trick and Steve Eggleton headed the other.

Third and fourth placed Georgeham Reserves and Fremington Reserves had to settle for a point apiece in a 3-3 draw.

In a true game of two halves, Fremington raced into a 3-0 half-time lead with goals by Kayne Perry, Jamie Rolfe and Matt Pow. But Georgeham re-grouped in the second half and, led by Ed Holmes in midfield, hit back with goals by Paul Stentiford, Gary Wood and Dale Sawyer.

Woolsery Reserves have moved off the bottom of the table, replaced by Lynton Reserves, who they beat 2-1 on Sunday.

Ashley Glover and Jack Smallridge put Woolsery 2-0 ahead before Lynton pulled one back with 15 minutes to go.

The previous day Woolsery dipped 3-2 away to North Molton 3rds, scoring through Simon Appleby and Jack Smallridge, but losing out to a late Molton goal.