Fremington’s super step up to Senior Division football continued with a 14-1 double over Pilton Academicals.

Midweek they strolled home 10-0 to a Pilton side reduced to 10 men through a sending off in the opening half.

After a tight opening 20 minutes came their first goal and the sending off and then the flood gates opened with goals by Wayne Parkhouse (3), Andy King (3), Paul Parkin, Simon Larcombe, Mark Sanders and an own goal.

Saturday’s match was a closer affair as Pilton battled hard before this time succumbing 4-1. Josh Phillips scored his first Fremington goal with an early header from a corner and Wayne Parkhouse made it 2-0 at the break. Pilton hit back just after the break and it was far from comfortable before Parkhouse and Paul Parkin added more.

Fremington stay top after three matches by virtue of a 24-1 goal difference.

But Combe Martin, stepping down to the Senior Division this term, are also unbeaten.

They gained a 2-0 win at home to Torrington. Leading 1-0 at the break thanks to a Steve Varley finish, they doubled their advantage minutes after the re-start with a second from Joe Seldon and needed it as Torrington fought hard in the second period.

It was a good week for Park United, who followed up a 5-0 midweek win over Shamwickshire Reserves by extending their unbeaten start to three matches on Saturday, winning a tough encounter with also previously unbeaten North Molton Reserves 3-2.

Molton took the early initiative with a goal by Dean Voaden, one of a handful of players who have followed manager Paul White up from Broadclyst.

An own goal drew Park level and Dave Brown gave them a 2-1 advantage at half-time. Molton pressed and hit the bar before drawing level with a goal by James Campbell – his fifth in three games. But it was Park who had the last say when Stephen Skinner hit the matchwinner on 82 minutes, although they had to play out the final minutes with 10 men after Martin Edwards was sent off.

Braunton Reserves gained their first Senior win of the season with a 5-2 result at home to Woolsery after coming back from 2-0 down. Steve Birley led the way with a hat-trick.

Lynton and Lynmouth also posted their first win with a 3-0 result at home to Bude Town.

They took the lead midway through the first half with a good strike from Tommy Mirow to go in 1-0 up at the break. Mirow pounced again midway through the second period with a neatly slotted second goal and Luke Dyer finished it off with a third after a good cross from jack Pugsley.

Kingsley League champions Ashwater have had a tough baptism on their move to the North Devon League, following up a 4-3 midweek reverse at Bude with a 3-1 defeat by Northam Lions.

A defensive mix-up saw two Lions players go for and miss the ball in the opening minutes to give Ashwater an early lead. But within 10 minutes Tom Hawkes had put the Lions back on terms and Louis Allin put them in front five minutes before the break. Hawkes grabbed another late in the second half.