Barnstaple Town were comfortable winners against Bridport at Mill Road last night (Tuesday).

A dominant first half display helped take Barnstaple to four wins in a row last night (Tuesday), beating Bridport 4-1.

Ryan Turner scored twice in the opening 45 minutes at Mill Road to set Barum on their way to victory.

Dave Pearse added a third just before the hour mark, while Will Nicholls rounded off the scoring in the final minutes.

However, the result was soured when Turner injured his hamstring with 10 minutes remaining, shortly after Aaron Harper-Penman was taken off with a knee injury.

Barnstaple had a dream start when Turner found the bottom right corner with a well-taken chest and volley from the inside of the box.

Scott Huxtable and Liam Gregory worked tirelessly to limit Bridport and allow Barum’s midfield to quickly recover the ball.

Gregory looked to have doubled the lead after 15 minutes when his sumptuous volley hit the bar and appeared to bounce in, only for the linesman to say the ball hadn’t crossed the line.

It was Turner who eventually doubled Barum’s lead on the half hour mark, following up on the second ball when Bridport failed to clear their lines from a cross.

Barnstaple continued to put pressure on the away side as the second half got underway, with Turner denied a hat-trick by a point-blank save from Ashley Weeks.

The third goal eventually came just before the hour when Pearse turned in a Gregory corner at the back post.

But their three-goal buffer was almost immediately reduced when Bridport striker Jamie Beasley rolled the ball under Steve Oliver just two minutes after the restart after some heavy pressure on the Barnstaple goal.

Bridport nearly got back to within one, but for an outstanding save from Oliver to deny Ryan Dovell at his left post at a time when Barnstaple were beginning to lose their shape.

They weren’t helped by a knee injury to Aaron Harper-Penman, replaced by Steve Holland and prompting a shuffle at the back.

Turner then went down holding his hamstring just as he missed a fantastic opportunity to seal his hat-trick.

His replacement Nicholls rounded off the scoring just before the end of the 90 minutes after digging the ball out from under his feet and firing past Weeks after a breakaway from Holland and Lee Francis.

Barnstaple are still sixth in the Toolstation Western League Premier Division table after teams around them all picked up wins last night.

Barry Yeo’s side are at home to Hallen on Saturday.