IT has been a good week for reigning champions Boca Seniors as they gained league and cup wins while arch rivals and current leaders Braunton dropped significant points.

Boca clashed twice with third-placed Ilfracombe Reserves, beating them 4-0 in the semi-finals of the Torridge Cup midweek and following up with a 5-0 weekend win in the league.

The cup produced a cautious opening half, with defences to the fore, but Boca settled as the game wore on and took the lead with a Mark Barrow penalty after Tom Marsh was fouled.

Still 1-0 at the break, the second half started in much the same vein, before Giles Daniel was in the right place to bundle in a Barrow cross from close range to make it 2-0.

Warming to their task, Boca put the game beyond Ilfracombe’s reach when Scott Sharp delivered for Barrow to score the third and shortly afterwards the roles were reversed when Barrow played provider for Sharp to complete the scoring.

On Saturday Sharp continued where he left off, heading home the opening goal from a Barrow cross after 30 minutes.

A controversial sending-off of their sweeper Shaun Brown for handling on the line did not help Ilfracombe’s case and they fell 2-0 behind from the resulting penalty by Barrow.

With a one-man advantage in the second half Boca were able to dictate the game and added further goals by Ryan Dempsey and Matt Deakin.

Braunton, meanwhile, were having a tough time away to their nemesis Shebbear –who ousted them from the league cup this season - and had to settle for a 1-1 draw. Graham Green gave Braunton the lead in the first half and hit the bar just before the interval. But they did not get going in the second half and Shebbear drew level with a Martin Davey goal that also saw a collision which left Braunton keeper Jamie Matthews with a broken nose.

North Molton are back on track with the leading group after beating busy Ilfracombe Reserves 2-0 midweek with goals by Ed Jenkins and James Tapp and coming through a tough encounter with resurgent bottom-of-the-table Barnstaple AAC 2-1. Greg Holland scored the two winning goals in the first half, but the Ammies pulled one back early in the second half and Molton were forced to hang on.

Torridgeside tucked five goals away without reply at Dolton. The game was effectively opver by half-time, when they led 3-0. Goals came from Marc Bettis (2), Ian Cockwill, Robbie Holland and Kyle Payne.

Torrington struck an important blow in their battle away from the bottom of the table with a 2-1 win at home to Georgeham and Croyde in a match of three penalties. Lewis Rogers put them in front with a strike from the edge of the area, but then missed a penalty.

Georgeham pulled back with a spotkick of their own before another was converted for Torrington by Malcolm Stewart just two minutes from the end.

Bratton Fleming were 2-0 winners at home to Putford, but had to wait until the second half for their goals by Sam Box and Josh Pearce.

Appledore Reserves and Bradworthy met in mid-table, with the honours going to the Fishermen 2-1.