Bideford got their first away win of the Evo-Stik Division One South season on Saturday at Larkhall Athletic.

The Robins were 3-2 winners at Plain Ham, with Craig Allan getting the winning goal 12 minutes from time to make it back-to-back wins for the first time this season.

The Robins went into the game without Kevin Squire, James Mayne and Ben Palmer, and were dealt another blow when Liam Gregory was forced to withdraw before the trip due to illness.

After a slow start, Ben Wood gave the visitors the lead slightly against the run of play, finishing off a well-worked free-kick between Billy Tucker and Matt Bye with a strike from the edge of the box.

Lewis Powell put Larkhall back on terms five minutes before the break, but Ryan Turner was able to give the Robins the lead again 13 minutes into the second half after getting behind the defence from a long Steve Oliver goal kick.

Alexander Lambert capitalised on a quick throw-in to equalise again for Larkhall with 20 minutes remaining.

Bideford’s winner came from a corner, with Allan scoring at the back post after a flick on from Sean Downing.

Manager Sean Joyce was pleased with the result, but admitted there’s still a bit of work to do.

“It’s a good win, to go there on a Saturday,” he said.

“We were limited slightly with one or two players missing but we did really well.

“In the last couple of games we’ve given goals away at silly times and at the end of the first half it was the same again.

“We tweaked things at half-time and I thought we thoroughly deserved it in the second half.

“We’re getting better every game – a bit fitter and a bit stronger, and if we can put two or three games together we will be up there.”

Bideford are back at home this Saturday, with Melksham Town the visitors to the Sports Ground.

Joyce said: “They’ve come up this year and it will be a tough game. Sometimes when you’re standing still and other teams come up with a bit of bounce – they have that.”

After Saturday’s game, the Robins have a Southern League Challenge Cup game at Street on Tuesday night.