The Robins avoided relegation from the Evo Stik Southern League Premier for the time being.

Bideford avoided relegation for another week with a stunning second-half comeback to defeat Cirencester 4-3.

Ian Sampson completed an incredible comeback for the Robins when he headed in with ten minutes remaining in the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier fixture.

Dan Western scored two goals for Bideford in the second half, including an audacious lob, while Billy Tucker atoned for a penalty miss by scoring a free kick.

Bideford were 3-0 down at half time thanks to goals from James Mortimer-Jones, Zack Kotwica and Charlie Griffin.

With the noisy and somewhat raucous support of the Kingsley Road Crew behind them, the away side made an explosive start and should have scored within the opening 10 minutes. First Matt Andrew tested the hands of Cirencester goalkeeper Josh Langley before Kevin Squire’s effort rattled the post.

Despite the Robins fast-paced start, the Centurions soon found their way into the match, and scored after 22 minutes through Mortimer-Jones.

Ollie Knight’s cross into the box found Charlie Griffin, who held up the ball well to set up the midfielder to strike a low shot from 25 yards out beyond Kyle Moore.

The goal was almost cancelled out as Adam Connolly conceded a penalty after a handball in the box but Tucker’s spot kick was saved by Langley.

Youngster Kotwica, who shone with a dazzling display for the Centurions in the first half, profited from being afforded time and space outside the box to fire past Moore, who was left rooted to the spot, to put his team 2-0 up.

Griffin gave Cirencester a comfortable cushion to defend just before half-time with a header into the far corner to score his 18th league goal.

Despite their three goal deficit, the Robins refused to give up and worked their way back into the contest as Western gave his side a lifeline five minutes into the second half.

Tucker made it 3-2 on the hour mark, with a fizzing low free-kick into the far corner.

Yet the best goal of the contest was yet to come. Western, who should have equalised moments earlier only to be denied by Langley, left the keeper stranded with an audacious long-range chip with 15 minutes remaining.

Ian Sampson completed the incredible fightback for Bideford with 10 minutes remaining with an expert header which sent the away fans into bedlam.