A 2-1 win for Bideford kept their very slim survival hopes alive as they relegated their opponents.

Bideford live to fight another day in the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier after beating Bedworth Town 2-1 this afternoon (Saturday).

A Matty Andrew effort from the edge of the box after 57 minutes proved decisive in the tie, which saw Bideford relegate their opponents with their third win in a row.

Bedworth had equalised just two minutes earlier through Jonathon Gould after Ben Wood gave the hosts the lead in the first half.

Dan Harrison was given a straight red card after 88 minutes when he brought down Nathan McGarry on the edge of the box after the substitute went through on goal.

Neither team engineered many chances in the first half, save for Wood’s fine strike after 17 minutes.

The striker brought down Billy Tucker’s high ball from midfield with a beautiful first touch before turning inside and firing a low shot past Bedworth goalkeeper James Martin.

Kyle Moore had little to do in the first 45 minutes, and it was his own player who came closest to beating him, with Ian Sampson nearly turning the ball in from the edge of the box from a Harry Walker-Donovan cross.

The second half was a different spectacle, and Bedworth quickly turned things around thanks to a brilliant solo effort from Gould. The winger beat Kyle Egan before making a bee-line for the box, cutting in before launching a shot past Moore.

But Bideford came back almost instantly through Andrew. His low strike from the edge of the area made it through the Bedworth defence and past Martin to restore the Robins’ lead.

The hosts had plenty of opportunities to add to their lead, with substitutes Kevin Squire and Jamie Chamberlain looking threatening going forward, but neither managed to suitably work Martin.

They were nearly made to pay for not taking their chances when McGarry went in behind the Bideford defence. Harrison gave referee Martin Underhay no choice but to send him off when he dragged the substitute down, while at the same time making sure Bideford didn’t concede the equaliser that would have seen them relegated.