Lean November for North Devon League anglers
THERE were slim pickings for most sea anglers in the November North Devon League heat at the weekend – the exception being Julian Stainer who managed to winkle out a specimen conger eel.
His 21lb 14 ounce fish gave him first place and the Barnstaple Triple Hook team went on to secure all available points, with Stephen Luxton taking second with a flounder of 1lb 6oz and John Passmore third with another of 1lb 3.
There is no league meet for December, but the January heat will take place over the weekend of January 21/22, with the weigh in at Appledore Social Club.
* A stunning brace of specimen wrasse gave Andrew Atkinson first and second place in the recent Appledore Sunday rover.
His fish weighed in at a hefty 7lb 2 5/8 ounces and 5lb 15 oz, pushing Jazza Johns’ good flounder of 2lb 1 1/8 oz into third place.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Pike took first and third in the juniors with flounder of 1lb 7 � and 1lb 5 3/8, while Cameron Atkinson was second with a wrasse of 3lb 11 3/8.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail