Ladies’ beach event will make a splash
- Credit: Getty Images/Wavebreak Media
Surf Life Saving Devon hosting women-only activity day at Putsborough Sands
SURF Life Saving Devon is hosting another ‘Women in Waves’ event at Putsborough Sands next Saturday (June 7).
The event, being held in partnership with Active Devon, will offer surl life saving and stand up paddle boarding activities to over 16s, and will also incorporate other taster sessions in netball, beach rugby, beach football, a boot camp and sandball.
Top UK accredited sports coaches will be on hand to deliver a quality sporting experience at a low price, thanks to sponsors South West Water and Fullerbrook.
The special event has now been running for two years, with 145 ladies getting involved so far.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Lark, founder of Women in Waves, said: “It’s great to have Active Devon involved and hosting other events that ladies can try out.
This event is brilliant, a great way of meeting others, sharing experiences and building up confidence. It really is a good day out.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Entry is £15, which includes use of all equipment, wetsuit and a barbeque.
To sign up, visit www.activedevon.org/womeninwaves or call Tracy on 07882 986003.