Ilfracombe Town knocked out of FA Vase by Lee Francis’s Hamworthy United
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe Town’s Buildbase FA Vase journey was brought to an end by Hamworthy United on Saturday.
The Bluebirds were beaten 4-0 by the Wessex Premier side in the first round tie.
Former Ilfracombe Town and Barnstaple Town midfielder Lee Francis opened the scoring for the Hammers after seven minutes, beating former teammate Steve Oliver with a shot from the edge of the penalty area.
The hosts doubled the lead after 27 minutes when Dan Cann met a Francis cross to head in from close range.
Eddie Hodge went on to make it 3-0 10 minutes before the break when he got past Brodie Montague and Jamie Mirow and squeezed a shot past Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Neale got the Hammers’ fourth before the hour with a composed finish.
The first round of the FA Vase meant a reduced fixture list in the South West Peninsula League, which was reduced further by heavy rain.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
Torrington’s match against Ivybridge Town was postponed.