Ilfracombe Town knocked out of FA Vase by Lee Francis’s Hamworthy United
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe Town’s Buildbase FA Vase journey was brought to an end by Hamworthy United on Saturday.
The Bluebirds were beaten 4-0 by the Wessex Premier side in the first round tie.
Former Ilfracombe Town and Barnstaple Town midfielder Lee Francis opened the scoring for the Hammers after seven minutes, beating former teammate Steve Oliver with a shot from the edge of the penalty area.
The hosts doubled the lead after 27 minutes when Dan Cann met a Francis cross to head in from close range.
Eddie Hodge went on to make it 3-0 10 minutes before the break when he got past Brodie Montague and Jamie Mirow and squeezed a shot past Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Neale got the Hammers’ fourth before the hour with a composed finish.
The first round of the FA Vase meant a reduced fixture list in the South West Peninsula League, which was reduced further by heavy rain.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Torrington’s match against Ivybridge Town was postponed.