Hatherleigh keep up the pressure on top three with win over Tavistock
- Credit: Matt Smart
Hatherleigh kept the pressure up on top three Cornwood, Bradninch and Budleigh with an 11-run win over Tavistock on Saturday.
Hatherleigh were all out for 251 in the last of their 50 overs.
Openers Ryan Davies (38) and Rob Fishleigh (36) got Hatherleigh up and running, Tino Mutombodzi (68) held the middle of the innings together and Rob Cockwill added 40 after drinks.
Charlie Barriball (4-21) was easily the pick of the Tavistock bowlers.
A third-wicket stand of 114 between Billy Barriball (68) and James White (52) got Tavvy motoring after a slow start.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Manning carved 52 off 45 balls but needed someone to stay with him to get Tavistock over the line.
Mark Lake, the Hatherleigh captain, said: "It was a very good win against a good side.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
"We could have made it easier for ourselves and scored more runs from the position we were in.
"During the last 20 overs we were superb with the ball and in the field."
Hatherleigh host Abbotskerswell this Saturday.