Crews compete at Supervets Regatta in Swanage
- Credit: Ollie Harvey
Crews from Appledore, Barnstaple and Torridge were in action at the Swanage Supervets Regatta on Saturday.
The over 50s crews competed in timed heats before going into a cup, shield or plate final.
Appledore and Torridge secured places in the main final in the men's competition.
After defeat by a matter of inches to Lyme Regis in 2018, Appledore were again drawn into battle with their rivals and were joined by a composite Cornish crew, Charlestown and Friends.
It was Charlestown who took the win, with Appledore placing second. Torridge finished 10th in the final, while Barnstaple took second place in the shield for 12th overall.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies' competition yielded similar results with Appledore and Torridge getting places in the final.
Appledore vied for the lead throughout but were beaten to the top spot by Salcombe to settle for second.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Torridge's ladies finished ninth overall, going one better than their male counterparts.