Tennis: Jenny Doig and Cath Andrews win Di Govier Tournament at Atlantic Racquet Centre
- Credit: Contributed
The annual Di Govier Tournament was held at Atlantic Racquet Centre.
The ladies' doubles tournament, which was first played in 2004, was held at the centre's indoor courts as a result of bad weather.
Rock Park's Jenny Doig and Cath Andrews were the overall winners, beating Jinny Stapley from Braunton and Ilfracombe's Ally Poore to claim their trophies, donated by Govier's widower, Gordon.
The match was played using level scoring, and the close contest saw Doig and Andrews win a championship tie break 10-7 in the third set.
Both players have won the trophy before, with Doig winning with Stapley in 2017 and Andrews winning with Poore in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
The morning's matches were played in two boxes, using a sliding handicap to level out variations in the standards of play, and make the matches more competitive.
The tournament raised £120 for North Devon Hospice.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer