Tennis: Jenny Doig and Cath Andrews win Di Govier Tournament at Atlantic Racquet Centre
- Credit: Contributed
The annual Di Govier Tournament was held at Atlantic Racquet Centre.
The ladies' doubles tournament, which was first played in 2004, was held at the centre's indoor courts as a result of bad weather.
Rock Park's Jenny Doig and Cath Andrews were the overall winners, beating Jinny Stapley from Braunton and Ilfracombe's Ally Poore to claim their trophies, donated by Govier's widower, Gordon.
The match was played using level scoring, and the close contest saw Doig and Andrews win a championship tie break 10-7 in the third set.
Both players have won the trophy before, with Doig winning with Stapley in 2017 and Andrews winning with Poore in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
The morning's matches were played in two boxes, using a sliding handicap to level out variations in the standards of play, and make the matches more competitive.
The tournament raised £120 for North Devon Hospice.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park