Devon One: Defeats for Torrington and Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Torrington will be glad of a Saturday afternoon off in Devon One after going down 36-14 to visiting Old Plymothians.
Torrie ran out of fit replacements before the end of the game and with their bench wiped out and no front-row cover left had to ask for uncontested scrums.
The Plymouth side had established an early lead that Torrie, despite their best efforts, couldn't come back from.
Mike Wigley and Harvey Hill scored push-over tries for Torrington. Skipper Tom Gooch kicked a penalty and a conversion.
Ilfracombe gave Buckfastleigh a scare before conceding a 24-22 defeat at Silver Street.
You may also want to watch:
Buckfastleigh shot into a 21-5 half-time lead and were looking to shoot further ahead in the second half.
Ilfracombe hit back with three unanswered tries and Bucks were glad of a solitary penalty for remaining in front.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
Ilfracombe have no game in Devon One this Saturday.