Devon Football League: Witheridge get first win of season in 11-goal thriller
- Credit: Matt Smart
Witheridge picked up their first win of the Devon Football League season on Saturday in an 11-goal thriller.
Withy won 7-4 at Bovey Tracey Reserves in the North and East division to claim their first points of the season.
The visitors went 4-0 up in the first half and took a 5-3 lead into the break.
Daniel Ayre, Matt Pengelly, Lewis Hill and a double from Tom Williams helped Witheridge into their lead.
Callum Livingstone scored a first half hat-trick for Bovey and closed the gap to 5-4 early in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
But Alan Brice and a hat-trick goal for Williams ensured Witheridge claimed all three points.
The win moves them up to 13th in the table, leapfrogging winless Bovey in the process.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Bruanton's trip to Exmouth Town Reserves saw them beaten 1-0.
Joshua Greesham scored the only goal of the game after 15 minutes.
Both Braunton and Witheridge are in action in the Devon Premier Cup this weekend.