Braunton beaten by Budleigh Salterton in Devon Football League
- Credit: Matt Smart
Braunton suffered their fourth consecutive defeat in the Devon Football League North and East Division on Saturday, losing 3-2 to Budleigh Salterton.
Braunton took the lead twice at Lobb Field, but goals from Jake Chudley, Ryan Daffin and Ross James ensured the visitors came away with the points.
Tom Marsh opened the scoring for the hosts after 18 minutes, but were pegged back to 1-1 by the break.
Russell Harrison was on target early in the second half to give Braunton the lead again, following up on a saved shot to convert from close range before the visitors came back to equalise and then claim victory.
The result leaves Braunton 10th in the league table after 10 games.
You may also want to watch:
The match was one of just two matches to go ahead in the North and East Division - Witheridge's trip to Chudleigh Athletic was postponed.
Braunton are in action in the Devon Premier Cup this Saturday, with a trip to Bere Alston.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park