Braunton beaten by Budleigh Salterton in Devon Football League
- Credit: Matt Smart
Braunton suffered their fourth consecutive defeat in the Devon Football League North and East Division on Saturday, losing 3-2 to Budleigh Salterton.
Braunton took the lead twice at Lobb Field, but goals from Jake Chudley, Ryan Daffin and Ross James ensured the visitors came away with the points.
Tom Marsh opened the scoring for the hosts after 18 minutes, but were pegged back to 1-1 by the break.
Russell Harrison was on target early in the second half to give Braunton the lead again, following up on a saved shot to convert from close range before the visitors came back to equalise and then claim victory.
The result leaves Braunton 10th in the league table after 10 games.
You may also want to watch:
The match was one of just two matches to go ahead in the North and East Division - Witheridge's trip to Chudleigh Athletic was postponed.
Braunton are in action in the Devon Premier Cup this Saturday, with a trip to Bere Alston.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer