Barnstaple Town managers Dave Griffiths and Kevin Darch step down
- Credit: Matt Smart
Kevin Darch and Dave Griffiths have stepped down as managers of Barnstaple Town after 12 months in charge.
The pair confirmed their departure after Barum’s 5-0 defeat at home to Cirencester Town this afternoon (Saturday).
The defeat was Barnstaple’s 14th from 17 games in Division One South, and their fifth in a row.
Club chairman Bob Chamberlain said: “Obviously it’s disappointing that it’s come to this.
“I’ve got great respect for Kevin and Dave, and I and the club wish them all the best.”
Darch and Griffiths took over as co-managers in December last year, coincidentally after Richard Pears resigned following a 3-1 defeat at Cirencester.
You may also want to watch:
Under their stewardship Barum avoided relegation from the Southern League, securing a third campaign in the division.
The 2018/19 campaign got off to a difficult start. Hamstrung by a tight budget, the club lost their first nine before a three-game winning streak that included a victory over then-unbeaten league leaders Yate Town.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal