County’s top youngsters in action at Westward Ho!
- Credit: Archant
South Devon come out on top at U10 cricket festival
Bideford Cricket Club hosted an under 10s festival for all of the Devon Districts, with the county’s elite players converging on Westward Ho! for an early 10.30am start on Bank Holiday Monday.
North played South and East played West with the winners to face each other in the final. The losers fought it out for third and fourth place.
The South beat the North while East defeated West in the morning games, as the youngsters played 20 overs pairs cricket.
After lunch the North defeated the West for the second time in two days, while a strong South came out victors against the other winners of the morning round, the East.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards the players were presented with commemorative medals by Bideford CC’s clubman of the year Ike Aviston.
The South were overall winners on the day, but all of the players enjoyed the day as the rain held off long enough to play the matches. Things are set up nicely for next weekend, when the districts play each other again.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386