Chance for footballers to follow in West Brom youngster’s footsteps
- Credit: Archant
Summer courses coming soon at Chivenor
Chivenor soccer school is to hold summer courses from the end of July.
Three fun courses will be held for 5-14 year olds to get involved with during the school holidays at the centre, which has produced several top young talents in recent years.
The three-day courses are set to take place on July 29-31, August 5-7 and August 19-21, with each full day costing £13.
But for those with higher ambitions, the Plymouth Argyle academy is holding a trial day on July 26 for five to 13 year olds.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefuls will be put to the test, with the best players potentially getting the chance to follow in the footsteps of the nine players who recently signed youth contracts at Argyle.
They will also be hoping to emulate 17 year-old Daniel Barrow, himself a Chivenor product, who is now in his third year as a youth player at Premier League West Bromwich Albion.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
Daniel will be training and playing with the under-21 and under-18 sides this season and will face some of the best youth sides in the country, including Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal. Barrow is also aiming to secure a professional contract with the club.
The former Braunton youngster has recently returned from a summer tour of Qatar, where he faced youth sides from Benfica and Sevilla, and has represented Wales in the Victory Shield, as well as travelling to the under-17s European Championships at the age of 14.
The young midfielder was snapped up by West Brom after two years at Plymouth, and dad and Chivenor Head of Development Lee says he’s very proud of Daniel’s achievements to date.
“I’m very proud and he knows how hard it is, but what he’s achieved is amazing,” he said.
Anyone who thinks they could be the next great Chivenor graduate and who wishes to attend the trial day on July 26 should contact Lee on email@example.com.