Cash aid for surf school
Devon Community Foundation has awarded a grant of �5,000 from the Dulverton Trust Fund to fund a regional Youth Leadership Development and Training Camp 2013.
This is aimed at providing and developing leadership skills to young people involved in surf life saving clubs, so that they can take into employment, further education and apply to future projects in the community.
This grant will ensure that young people can continue with their work in North Devon, which is an isolated area with low incomes due to seasonal employment.
Tracy Lark from Surf Life Saving Devon said: “This grant will make a huge difference to people living in the local area. Thank you Devon Community Foundation.”
“This is great news for our region and we are looking forward to doing another youth training camp at Ruda, Croyde, next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura Hewitt from DCF added “We are delighted to be able to support this fantastic group. It is groups like this working on the frontline that are so essential to our communities. It’s what makes DCF so important to ensure that together with donors and local groups we can build strong and vibrant communities for everyone in Devon, both now and for the future.”
If you would like to help Devon Community Foundation support groups like Surf Life Saving Devon make a really difference to local people in need or if you’re a group seeking funding then just get in touch at www.devoncf.com.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!