Cash aid for surf school
Devon Community Foundation has awarded a grant of �5,000 from the Dulverton Trust Fund to fund a regional Youth Leadership Development and Training Camp 2013.
This is aimed at providing and developing leadership skills to young people involved in surf life saving clubs, so that they can take into employment, further education and apply to future projects in the community.
This grant will ensure that young people can continue with their work in North Devon, which is an isolated area with low incomes due to seasonal employment.
Tracy Lark from Surf Life Saving Devon said: “This grant will make a huge difference to people living in the local area. Thank you Devon Community Foundation.”
“This is great news for our region and we are looking forward to doing another youth training camp at Ruda, Croyde, next year.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura Hewitt from DCF added “We are delighted to be able to support this fantastic group. It is groups like this working on the frontline that are so essential to our communities. It’s what makes DCF so important to ensure that together with donors and local groups we can build strong and vibrant communities for everyone in Devon, both now and for the future.”
If you would like to help Devon Community Foundation support groups like Surf Life Saving Devon make a really difference to local people in need or if you’re a group seeking funding then just get in touch at www.devoncf.com.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe