Barnstaple 10k 2020 cancelled due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
The Care for Kids Barnstaple 10k has been cancelled due to coronavirus.
The race was set to take place on Sunday, July 5 for a fourth year, after sell-out events in 2019 and 2018.
Care for Kids, the charity which hosts the event, said the decision was in everyone’s best interests with the country still in lockdown to contain Covid-19.
The 10k will return in 2021, with the event pencilled in for Sunday, July 4.
A statement said: “With much deliberation, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Care for Kids Barnstaple 10k.
You may also want to watch:
“As we are still in lockdown to contain Covid-19, we feel it’s very unlikely any mass events will be permitted over the coming months.
“Therefore, with everyone’s best interests and safety in mind, we are rolling the event over to next year. Our new date will be Sunday, July 4, 2021.”
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
Those who entered the 2020 race will be automatically transferred to the revised date.