TWO young Bideford rowers have been making their mark in prestigious indoor events, with English and European victories.
Charlie White has had a busy few weeks, starting with an outstanding performance by winning his category at the English Championships in Manchester. He followed this up by winning his age group at the Devon& Inter-Regional Schools championships in Plymouth, representing Bideford College.
His most recent success saw him row to victory in the Junior 14 boys event at the British and European Indoor Rowing Championships held in Nottingham.
Bideford Blues clubmate Alice Jackson, a pupil at Kingsley school, also competed at Nottingham in the British and European championships and won the Junior 18 ladies event.
Alice last year represented England on the water at a home international in Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
The Nottingham event also brought success for two members of the Bideford Reds rowing club.
Kathy Lewis gained sixth place in the Women’s Open category in what was her first indoor rowing competition.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
She only began ergo training for the event at the start of December.
Jeff Gay secured a season’s and a near lifetime best by pulling 6 minutes, 34.2 seconds to gain 12th place in the Men’s 40–44yrs Heavyweight Division in a strong international field.