Braunton take the league cup
Braunton 4ths are the league cup winners after defeating previously unbeaten league leaders Barnstaple FC 3-2.
Barnstaple opened the scoring through Maurice Charley, but were pulled back to 1-1 at the break when Ben Woodward netted a free kick for Braunton, who then pulled 3-1 ahead with further goals by Ben Poole and Clem Benellick before Sam Phillips added Barnstaple’s second.
Torridgeside Reserves put their brief hiccup behind them to ensure their promotion place with two weekend wins, despite falling behind in both matches.
They twice went behind to Northam Lions 3rds before coming back to win 4-2 with goals by Sean Kenneally (2), Rory Payne and Jethro Kimber. The Lions’ goals came from Jez Trick and Mark Hallett. Torridgeside then went 1-0 down at home to Buckland Brewer, but came back in style to win 7-1 with goals by Rory Payne, Harry Taffs (2) including a penalty, Jamie Bright, Kyle Payne, Marc Bettis and a second penalty by goalkeeper Darren Redford.
It has also been a good week for bottom-of-the-table South Molton Reserves, with two wins out of three.
You may also want to watch:
They started with a 3-2 midweek win over Fremington Reserves with goals by Daniel O’Boyle, Thomas Rhode and manager Josh Hicks. Saturday brought an 8-0 win at home to Georgeham and Croyde Reserves with goals by Graham Shapland, Andrew Alexander (3), Dan Puffitt, Josh Hicks (2) and Ben Sladden (pen).
The only setback was a 2-0 reverse on Sunday away to Hartland Reserves after being reduced to 10 men early in the game. Ian Pillman and Alan Pennington netted the Hartland goals.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses