Braunton move up to mid-table with win over Shobrooke Park in C Division East
- Credit: Matt Smart
Braunton beat Shobrooke Park by 80 runs to move into the C Division East mid-table area.
Alfie Huxtable (65), Jon Baglow (30) and Callum Mitchell (48) took Braunton to 174 for three before Jareer Shikrani (3-41) caused some alarm.
Steve Moore showed what 30-odd years experience brings with a useful 30 not out in the latter overs.
Shobrooke were three wickets down for 100 runs fewer in their reply and therein lay their problem.
Bits and pieces from Dan Robbins (35), Neil Branton (32) and Henry Dare (30) were not enough to get them closer than 163 all out.
You may also want to watch:
Moore (3-22) and Jason Raynor (4-27) were the bowlers who did the damage.
It's up-and-down Ottery next for Dan Brierley's men, who are growing in confidence all the time thanks to two wins in their last three starts.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Skipper Brierley said the benefits of luring Alfie Huxtable and Steve Moore back to the club are not hard to see.
"Alfie batted with a lot of class and composure, Jon Baglow really set the platform, Callum Mitchell played with pure timing in his quick-fire 48 and Steve Moore hit a swashbuckling 30 not out from not many balls," said Brierley.
"Then Jason Raynor bowled a naughty spell of quick bowling and we fielded brilliantly.
"Now we need to go into Ottery next with a lot of confidence."