Pictures: Braunton beat Exmouth Town Reserves in Devon Football League
- Credit: Matt Smart
Braunton continued their impressive home form in the Devon Football League with an important win over Exmouth Town Reserves on Saturday.
Goals from Joe Seldon and Russell Harrison helped the Seasiders to a 2-0 win in the North and East Division.
The win means Braunton are still unbeaten at Lobb Field in the league, having won two and drawn two of their four games.
After a first half where the home side enjoyed much of the ball without creating too many clear cut chances, Seldon was able to break the deadlock early in the second half when he latched onto a cross and converted from close range.
Harrison went on to double the lead when he flicked on from a corner at the near post.
You may also want to watch:
The win over Exmouth moves them up to fifth in the North and East Division.
With a month-long national lockdown coming into effect on Thursday, it is hoped the season will resume on December 5, when they are pencilled in for the reverse fixture at Exmouth.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon