Keith Shapland and Paul Morgan take spoils as hundreds take on Braunton 10 races
- Credit: Sally Ann Harvey
Hundreds of runners braved the cold on Sunday morning for the Braunton 10.
More than 400 runners raced across the two events organised by North Devon Road Runners, with 221 taking on the 10 Mile race and 191 lining up for the 10k.
Bideford Amateur Athletic Club's Keith Shapland took first place in the 10 Mile, finishing with a time of 57 minutes and 23 seconds.
Shapland was 3.8 seconds ahead of Jack Blackburn, who came second with a time of 57mins, 26secs.
South Molton Strugglers' Matthew Tapp was third, crossing the line after 1 hour and 3 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford's Julie Dixon was the fastest female - her time of 1:07:08 saw her place 14th overall. The second fastest female was Okehampton RC's Joanne Page, who finished with a time of 1:11:13.
Ilfracombe Running Club's Beth Barrington was the third fastest female with a time of 1:11:31.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
The 10k race was won by South Molton Strugglers' Paul Morgan, who finished 40 seconds clear with a time of 36:37.
Phil Thorne's time of 37:18 saw the North Devon Road Runner place second, and Lloyd Harvey-Bryant was third with a time of 38:20.
Melanie Smithson was the fastest female by some margin. Her time of 45:27 saw her finish almost three minutes ahead of South London Harrier Katie Lowe, who was the second fastest female with a time of 48:16.
Bideford AAC's Sara Colvin was third, posting a time of 49:08.
Braunton 10 Mile - Top 10
1, Keith Shapland (Bideford AAC) 57:23.1.
2, Jack Blackburn 57:26.9.
3, Matthew Tapp (South Molton Strugglers) 1:00:03.9.
4, James Stanley (South Molton Strugglers) 1:00:07.5.
5, Stephen Cameron (Bideford AAC) 1:00:22.9.
6, Joe Mackenzoe (Ilfracombe Running Club) 1:03:19.7.
7, Sam Mitchell 1:04:29.3.
8, Ewan Walton (Teignbridge Trotters) 1:04:45.2.
9, Jamie Johnston 1:04:55.2.
10, Lauren Filer (North Devon Road Runners) 1:05:09.2.
Braunton 10K - Top 10
1, Paul Morgan (South Molton Strugglers) 36:37.8.
2, Phil Thorne (North Devon Road Runners) 37:18.4.
3, Lloyd Harvey-Bryant 38:20.2.
4, David Nutt 39:35.2.
5, Lee Carter 40:19.4.
6, Gavin Burnside (Ilfracombe Running Club) 41:35.5.
7, Stuart Talbert (North Devon Road Runners) 41:43.5.
8, Mark Potter 42:09.3.
9, Luke Oliver 42:44.1.
10, Matt East (Bideford AAC) 44:00.5.