Bratton 7 runners raise £1,500 for local kids’ charity
- Credit: Archant
Seventy-five runners took on the challenging Bratton 7 at the weekend.
All of the proceeds from the event, the fourth of its kind, will go to local charity Care for Kids North Devon, which provides financial assistance for local families with a child diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
The seven-mile route took runners through Bratton Fleming and the surrounding countryside, including challenging uphill climbs, plus a 3km fun run for the kids.
The fastest male and overall winner was Mitchell Barclay in an impressive 47 minutes and 33 seconds, closely followed by Gary Mitchell in 48:37.
Anthony Lambert of Torrington Athletics Club was third in 48:59.
You may also want to watch:
The fastest female was Joanne Bedlar of Bideford Athletics Club, who completed the course in 55:25. The second female across the line was Lilia Gorbatenko with a time of 59:15, and Claire Meech was third in 61:18.
The event raised £1,500 for Care for Kids, with organisers thanking runners, organisers and marshals.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's