Bratton 7 runners raise £1,500 for local kids’ charity
- Credit: Archant
Seventy-five runners took on the challenging Bratton 7 at the weekend.
All of the proceeds from the event, the fourth of its kind, will go to local charity Care for Kids North Devon, which provides financial assistance for local families with a child diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
The seven-mile route took runners through Bratton Fleming and the surrounding countryside, including challenging uphill climbs, plus a 3km fun run for the kids.
The fastest male and overall winner was Mitchell Barclay in an impressive 47 minutes and 33 seconds, closely followed by Gary Mitchell in 48:37.
Anthony Lambert of Torrington Athletics Club was third in 48:59.
You may also want to watch:
The fastest female was Joanne Bedlar of Bideford Athletics Club, who completed the course in 55:25. The second female across the line was Lilia Gorbatenko with a time of 59:15, and Claire Meech was third in 61:18.
The event raised £1,500 for Care for Kids, with organisers thanking runners, organisers and marshals.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe