Boca topple Torridgeside as Braunton go clear
- Credit: Archant
This week’s North Devon Gazette Football League roundup
Braunton gained an advantage in the title race with two 4-1 wins over the weekend.
Adam Baxter, Daniel Roberts, Joe Seldon and Tom White scored to beat Fremington on Saturday, while Ricky Marinaro, Seldon, Simon Townsend and Radley Watkins goals defeated Landkey on Sunday.
Braunton were helped by Boca Seniors, who beat Torridgeside 2-0 at Donnacroft with goals from Adam Copp and Jake Crush.
You may also want to watch:
Appledore Reserves picked up their first win of the season, beating Torrington 2-0 at Vicarage Field.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Hartland continued their push towards the top of the table with a 14-0 win at home to Merton.
With three games in hand, they’re now three points behind Braunton Reserves, who drew 1-1 with Chittlehampton.
A Courtney Hodorowski hat-trick gave Torridgeside Reserves a 4-0 win over Combe Martin.
At the other end of the table, Putford leap-frogged Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves after beating them 3-2.
Arran Brooks scored two for Putford, who were also benefited by an own goal. Ben Sherborne and Nathan Davis scored for Rovers.
Sporting Barum put 10 past Barnstaple FC reserves on Saturday to take them within four points of Braunton with six games in hand.
Matthew Deakin scored four for Barum, Damian Green got a hat-trick, Marcus Mahoney scored two, and Richard Eaton scored one.
South Molton had a valuable point against Braunton Thirds taken away from them thanks to a last minute penalty.
Ben Sladden had equalised for Molton ten minutes into the second half.
On Friday, Anchor Chiefs informed the league that they would not be able to finish the season, withdrawing from Intermediate One.
Chiefs’ fixtures have been removed, as have their results from this season.
First and second met in Intermediate Two, with Ilfracombe Thirds defeating Bideford AFC Reserves 2-0.
Brodie Montague and Charlie Prentice scored for Ilfracombe.
Montague also received a red card, as did Bideford’s Gary Bedler.
Goals from Mark Sanders and Jamie Rolfe were enough to give a depleted Fremington Reserves a 2-1 win over Northam Lions after skipper Dan Ferne dislocated his hip.
Putford Reserves moved off the foot of the table with a 2-1 win away to Braunton Fourths.
Tom Allin scored for Putford, who were also helped by an own goal.