Boca fire back towards top
- Credit: Archant
This week’s North Devon Gazette Football League round-up
Boca Seniors were in the goal scoring mood in their first North Devon Gazette Football League Premier Division match of 2016.
Boca stayed on course for a title challenge with a 5-1 win at Park United on Saturday - their first game to beat the weather so far this year.
Phil Kelly played a key role with two goals, while Craig Sandle, Elliot Whitecross and Ryan Crompton all pitched in with singles.
You may also want to watch:
The away win leaves Boca third in the table, eight points behind leaders Torridgeside with a game in hand.
Torrington are also still in touch at the top following a 4-2 win over Shamwickshire Rovers.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
Torrie’s goals came from Pierce Brant, Will Folland, Danny Jenkins and Craig Mcconnachie. James Bateman netted twice for Rovers.
Five matches went ahead in the Senior Division, including a top-of-the-table clash between Braunton Reserves and Hartland.
It didn’t disappoint. First-placed Hartland extended their lead to four points with a thrilling 4-3 away win.
Braunton stay second - but Georgeham and Pilton Academicals have both moved within one point of them now.
Georgeham were the weekend’s high scorers, netting eight without reply against Woolacombe and Mortehoe.
Pilton also had the taste for goals, beating Lynton and Lynmouth 7-1.
Matt Hunt and Greg Holland both bagged hat-tricks for Pilton, with Alex Boreham also on the score sheet.
Torridgeside Reserves climbed to seventh with a 3-0 victory at Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves, and Combe Martin’s mid-table battle with Barnstaple AAC finished 2-2.
Braunton Thirds are 10 points clear in Intermediate One following a 2-1 victory over Clovelly.
The large gap has been opened up over the winter months, with most other clubs struggling to get games on.
Callum Taylor fired a hat-trick for Appledore Thirds as they beat Ilfracombe Reserves 3-1 to go third.
Elsewhere, High Bickington edged Morwenstow Reserves 1-0 thanks to an Owen Avery goal.
The goals flowed in Intermedaite Two as Ilfracombe Thirds and Hartland Reserves won big.
Ilfracombe beat Merton Reserves 12-3 - Brodie Montague scoring five and James Harker four in a convincing display from the league leaders.
Hartland beat Putford Reserves 10-1, and Combe Martin Reserves were 3-1 winners away to Bideford CAFC Reserves - their first league defeat of the season.