Boca fire back towards top
- Credit: Archant
This week’s North Devon Gazette Football League round-up
Boca Seniors were in the goal scoring mood in their first North Devon Gazette Football League Premier Division match of 2016.
Boca stayed on course for a title challenge with a 5-1 win at Park United on Saturday - their first game to beat the weather so far this year.
Phil Kelly played a key role with two goals, while Craig Sandle, Elliot Whitecross and Ryan Crompton all pitched in with singles.
You may also want to watch:
The away win leaves Boca third in the table, eight points behind leaders Torridgeside with a game in hand.
Torrington are also still in touch at the top following a 4-2 win over Shamwickshire Rovers.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Torrie’s goals came from Pierce Brant, Will Folland, Danny Jenkins and Craig Mcconnachie. James Bateman netted twice for Rovers.
Five matches went ahead in the Senior Division, including a top-of-the-table clash between Braunton Reserves and Hartland.
It didn’t disappoint. First-placed Hartland extended their lead to four points with a thrilling 4-3 away win.
Braunton stay second - but Georgeham and Pilton Academicals have both moved within one point of them now.
Georgeham were the weekend’s high scorers, netting eight without reply against Woolacombe and Mortehoe.
Pilton also had the taste for goals, beating Lynton and Lynmouth 7-1.
Matt Hunt and Greg Holland both bagged hat-tricks for Pilton, with Alex Boreham also on the score sheet.
Torridgeside Reserves climbed to seventh with a 3-0 victory at Shamwickshire Rovers Reserves, and Combe Martin’s mid-table battle with Barnstaple AAC finished 2-2.
Braunton Thirds are 10 points clear in Intermediate One following a 2-1 victory over Clovelly.
The large gap has been opened up over the winter months, with most other clubs struggling to get games on.
Callum Taylor fired a hat-trick for Appledore Thirds as they beat Ilfracombe Reserves 3-1 to go third.
Elsewhere, High Bickington edged Morwenstow Reserves 1-0 thanks to an Owen Avery goal.
The goals flowed in Intermedaite Two as Ilfracombe Thirds and Hartland Reserves won big.
Ilfracombe beat Merton Reserves 12-3 - Brodie Montague scoring five and James Harker four in a convincing display from the league leaders.
Hartland beat Putford Reserves 10-1, and Combe Martin Reserves were 3-1 winners away to Bideford CAFC Reserves - their first league defeat of the season.