Blues add Exeter City tournament to growing list of successes
- Credit: Archant
Bideford Blues U11s see off academy sides to win cup
BIDEFORD Blues under 11s followed up their win at Plymouth Argyle by winning another big South West tournament at Exeter City.
The Blues took on 21 other teams, including several academy sides, and improved as the tournament went on after finishing second in their group behind Bristol Rovers, who beat them by a goal to nil to top the group.
The Blues then beat Stoke Hill 1-0 in the quarter-final, before getting past Heavitree Hoops 2-0 in the semi-final to set up a rematch with the Bristol Rovers academy side in the final.
This time, it was the Bideford team who came out on top, winning 2-0 after extra time to secure a second major piece of silverware in a matter of weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Ross Drury saved special praise for Connor Hopkins, saying: “He had the tournament of his life and had comments from the Exeter officials.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal