Bideford set up Devon derby with Tiverton Town after FA Cup win
- Credit: Matt Smart
Bideford will play Devon rivals Tiverton Town in the first qualifying round of the Emirates FA Cup after they eased past Wells City in the preliminary round of the competition on Saturday.
The Robins were 3-0 winners over their Western League opponents at the Sports Ground as they finally returned to competitive football.
An overhead kick from centre back Toby Down got them up and running inside 10 minutes before an own goal from goalkeeper Robert Brown doubled the lead four minutes later.
The third came with 10 minutes left after a series of chances for the hosts. Tiegan Rosenquest was the man on target.
Bideford will travel to Tiverton Town on Tuesday, September 22 for the first qualifying round fixture.
You may also want to watch:
The two sides met twice during the pre-season. Tiverton won the first match 2-1 at the Sports Ground before Bideford came away from Ladysmead with a 3-0 win.
The Robins start their Southern League Division One South campaign this Saturday at home to Larkhall Athletic.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 4 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge