Bideford tennis players cycle the region for new build
- Credit: Archant
Two tennis players from Atlantic Racquet Centre travelled across North Devon on bicycles for their club.
Two Atlantic Racquet Centre (ARC) members have ditched their racquets and donned their cycle helmets to raise funds for the club’s new indoor facilities.
Kevin Johns and Steve Parker spent a day cycling to all of North Devon’s tennis clubs.
Starting from Lynton, the pair headed to Barnstaple’s clubs at Tarka Tennis, Rock Park and Park Lane via Ilfracombe and Braunton.
They then cycled out to Chulmleigh, Hartland and Woolsery before finishing at ARC.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin and Steve were met by a member of each club on the 11-hour, 102-mile ride.
They have raised more than £400 for extra equipment at the facility, which is currently being built.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes