Bideford Quins make it three wins in a row in Merit Table
- Credit: Kevin Crowl
Bideford Quins made it three wins on the spin in the Merit Table by beating Exeter Athletic 2nd XV 17-7;
Bideford started well against a strong and youthful Exeter squad with a great try by winger Jack Furber who was injured not long after and played no further part in the game.
Matt Bowes went on to score from a rolling maul with Jordan Taylor converting.
The visitors hit back with a fine try down the right and threatened to level the game before the break, but Bideford held firm to end the half leading 12-7.
Athletic played with an increased tempo in the second period and camped in Quins' half where they battered away without success for a score.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford's defence held out and with Sam Griffin controlling the game at fly-half they finally found some possession and territory to threaten the visitors' line.
With ten minutes to go Bideford won a penalty. Danny Braddick secured the ball from the resulting line out for Bowes to touch down again to secure a hard-fought 17-7 victory.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park