Bideford Quins make it three wins in a row in Merit Table
- Credit: Kevin Crowl
Bideford Quins made it three wins on the spin in the Merit Table by beating Exeter Athletic 2nd XV 17-7;
Bideford started well against a strong and youthful Exeter squad with a great try by winger Jack Furber who was injured not long after and played no further part in the game.
Matt Bowes went on to score from a rolling maul with Jordan Taylor converting.
The visitors hit back with a fine try down the right and threatened to level the game before the break, but Bideford held firm to end the half leading 12-7.
Athletic played with an increased tempo in the second period and camped in Quins' half where they battered away without success for a score.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford's defence held out and with Sam Griffin controlling the game at fly-half they finally found some possession and territory to threaten the visitors' line.
With ten minutes to go Bideford won a penalty. Danny Braddick secured the ball from the resulting line out for Bowes to touch down again to secure a hard-fought 17-7 victory.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer