Bideford let match slip as Teigns waltz through in final minutes
- Credit: Archant
Visitors Teignmouth ‘wanted it more’ on mucky day.
Bideford go to North Petherton this Saturday keen to bounce back from a 31-27 home defeat by Teignmouth.
Lowly Teignmouth weren’t expected to win at Bideford, but wanted it just a little bit more on another mucky day.
Second row Colin Aldworth scored the first Teignmouth try and Dan Force converted.
Opposite number Jono Mock levelled for Teignmouth with a try converted by Ollie Wickett.
You may also want to watch:
Two tries by hooker Peter Parsons – both in the middle of driving mauls – helped the Teigns into a 19-7 lead. A Force conversion helped.
Biderford hit back with a Richard Norman try in a maul. Wickett converted, then got the score back to 19-17 down with a penalty on half-time.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
Bideford went ahead for the first time when centre Luke Hoyle cut a path through to score near the posts, leaving Wickett a routine shunt.
In a frantic last 10 minutes the Teigns scored two tries to snatch the result.
Parsons put the Teigns on level terms at 24-all with a try.
Wickett kicked Bidford back in front, only for Teignmouth full-back Dan Luffman to waltz through the home defence with two minutes to go for the winner.